1/10 Jeep

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
jarndice
Colonel

1/10 Jeep

Post by jarndice »

I have been looking for a biggish Jeep for not too much money for a little while and having acquired a 1/10 trailer from "Ad Lav" which I have resuspended with metal springs and painted I noticed "Banggood" were selling a 1/10 JJRC Q65 r/c Jeep for £38 including insurance and freepost,
Truthfully I had very little expectations of anything of quality when I ordered it,
It came today (2 weeks early) well packed, with two rechargeable battery packs,
Downsides first,At the front under the working headlights are two smaller working lights which inexplicably have RED lenses while at the back beside the two working rear lights are two more working lights which just as inexplicably have WHITE lenses and there is no "Glass" in the folding windshield,
This is where the packing came in handy,
The Jeep was packed between two clear plastic moulds which securely encapsulated it within the cardboard box,
Tape measure, Scissors and a tube of "Deluxe" R/C Modellers canopy glue, and et voila a proper windscreen,
The spare is removable, The well formed Jerry can is also removable, it could do with a strap,
The Shovel handle being flexible can be bent enough to free the shovel from its forward holder and then swung out to be painted and a sheet of paper slid behind the Axe handle allows that to be painted without messing up a quite decent olive drab finish complete with decent markings,
Comes with a USB Charger for the battery's,
All in all very good value.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: 1/10 Jeep

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A brief, but informative review, Shaun :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Look forward to seeing the trailer hooked up to the Jeep!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Would like to see some pics of the Jeep before you get too far along with it, if it's possible. :thumbup:

Thanks,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

EAO wrote:Would like to see some pics of the Jeep before you get too far along with it, if it's possible. :thumbup:

Thanks,
Eric.
That will be when Hell freezes over, Eric. :D In case you're unaware of in, and incredible though it might seem, Shaun doesn't post pics. Not a single one. But, he's a dab and sage hand with words, and useful links. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO

Post by EAO »

No worries. :D Posting pics isn't one of my forte's either. I was just curious.

Cheers,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Enjoy.
I have quite a few of these jjrc jeeps.
I know some others have some also, they can be made into proper looking pieces of kit and drive well aswell.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Some pictures of Will's Jeep

This has had alot of usage and a very hard life in long grass and offroading.
There is a new 3d printed servo mount that allows the front end ride height to be lowered.
The leaf springs were reversed and the front subframe has been moved forward to get the wheelbase looking correct to the body.
Quite a few accessories have been added to make it look like a Jeep that we saw on our travels in Normandy a couple of years ago.

This is usually run on 3s lipo and has dual 180 geared motors(yes they are noisy, but the power it makes is incredible and gives a good scale speed.

We also made a few others modified in different ways
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Here was a video before we dropped the rideheight
phpBB [video]
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

EAO wrote:Would like to see some pics of the Jeep before you get too far along with it, if it's possible. :thumbup:

Thanks,
Eric.
Have you seen this Eric, has some before pictures on the first page :thumbup:

1/10 RC Jeep Willys MB - Long Range Desert Group-SAS- Build - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30146
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO

Post by EAO »

Thanks for the video Will and Catherine! Nothing like chewing up the flowerbeds! Such fun...and naughty too! :D

Mick,
Thanks for the head's up on Louis' awesome build! Stupidly, I didn't go back to the beginning when I first saw his post! It was at the end of the build and I was too gobsmacked to do anything but drool! :crazy: This satiated my curiosity and answered my questions too, many thanks! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Unboxing”