Cheetah with 6.0 Electronics

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Cheetah with 6.0 Electronics

Post by Max-U52 »

This is the follow up to the Cheetah box opening but if the powers that be think it should be on the electronics board I suppose they'll move it.

Anyway, some impressive new features here, like the ability to turn all the lights on and off (mine doesn't have tail or brake lights but there are provisions for them) and you can also choose from three different levels of track recoil, from practically zero to about what was standard. I still think the overall drivability of the Taigen/Torro tanks is better, but HL has really come a long way and added some most impressive stuff. There are a lot of different settings for drivability, but due to the poor translation in the instructions it can be difficult to decipher. But I'll keep at it and once I've mastered everything I'll do a follow up. But for now, this video will show you a lot of the cool new features, and also the excellent low speed control. I say the TG/Torro is still better for its smoothness at regular road and top speeds. You can judge for yourself, it's mostly in the video

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Cheetah with 6.0 Electronics

Post by wibblywobbly »

Excellent review, now if they could just standardise the RC channels so that we could plug in a Dasmikro Mini board, we would have what everyone wants. :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Almost everything. It's compatible with Tamiya in that it can give and receive hits, but there's no speed reduction for battle damage and you can't change the weight class of the tank. Until they fix that it's still useless for club battles.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Neat! New electronics. That's like the 17th version? I mean, they're awesome, great functionality and improvement is always to be applauded, but the incompatibilities get kinda annoying.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Thanks for the info Gary, based on it I took the leap of faith & bought my first V6 Heng Long Tiger 1 late on Sunday night off eBay for £88 delivered, it arrived today Tuesday at 10am, mustn’t grumble
I’ve just pulled the battery out & put it on charge, I’ll have a play, err I mean a proper investigation later!!
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Your posted this review here, Gary:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28630&p=274640&hili ... .0#p274640
But the characteristic enthusiam, and learned detail description, are better served here in their own thread :D :thumbup:
That's an alluring looking machine... ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Yeah, Roy, I posted the video in that other thread just because of that guy was looking at a JP and I figured you could use the info.

And Wayne, glad to hear you took the leap. I'm sure you'll like it. The low speed control is really, really excellent. I've heard some guys say that it's just as good as tamiya, if not better. Never having owned a Tammy I cannot speak from personal experience.
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Cheers Gary, I’ve just had a 60 second play erm I mean test & the slow speed control is way better than my ibu2u’s, I’ll have another test after work tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Unboxing”