Toro tiger1

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Toro tiger1

Post by jarndice »

My first Tiger 1 was a TORRO Tank and the power switch was under the Radio operaters/Hull Machine Gunners Hatch on the left of the tank when looking at it from the front.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

Thanks for all the help. Why do people turn it off, is it a scale thing.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Jimmer wrote:Thanks for all the help. Why do people turn it off, is it a scale thing.
The real tank does not recoil like the model does. That version of the Taigen MFU is the only one so far outside of a full on hobby grade board that has the simple switch to disable the silly track recoil.
Sound is great too.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimmer
Private

Post by Jimmer »

Cheers,will switch it off later. When turning the turret it’s a bit squeaky I have read on here to adjust the pinion mesh is this correct and would you use a dab of grease as well.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jimmer wrote:Cheers,will switch it off later. When turning the turret it’s a bit squeaky I have read on here to adjust the pinion mesh is this correct and would you use a dab of grease as well.
It could be generating the squeaking where the turret moves in the hull hole, opposite-ish the rotation device.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I wonder if what you are hearing is the sound card because it does generate the sound of the Turret turning?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The V3 sound set does have a very profound turret squeak...........which shouldnt be so loud, but is !!
I would check that its just the sound set before introducing any dirt attracting lubricant. ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

try adjusting the volume control to stop the sound. If its an actual mechanical squeak, you will still hear it.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

That squeaking crap was so annoying. It was the deciding factor that led me to purchase a Clark TK-40s board. Maybe a silly reason but that’s how badly it annoyed me.

Return to “Unboxing”