Ludwig Nashorn

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
Lert
Sergeant

Ludwig Nashorn

Post by Lert »

I ordered a Nashorn basis kit plus gun barrel from Ludwig, which arrived yesterday. This is what's in the package I received:

JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Ludwig Nashorn

Post by tomhugill »

Awesome, love the nashorn, need to finish mine. Is the Ludwig on the correct length or using pziv chassis?ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

The Ludwig kit comes with its own lower, so you won't need to use a Pz IV chassis, just the running gear. There's a pictorial build instruction here, linked directly from Ludwig's site.

It doesn't come with the level of internal detail that the Nas in the pictures you showed did, though. I will have to source those somewhere or scratchbuild them when I get to that point, some time around January 2073.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

This should be an enjoyable build, Lert. Ludwig kits are held in great esteem, and for obvious reasons. :thumbup: However, sometimes the instructions could be a little more detailed. :think:
It will be interesting to compare the finished model with Alwyn's superb Nashorn build. :) Edit: Sadly, I won't be around in 2073 to appreciate it. :thumbdown:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

43rdRecceReg wrote:However, sometimes the instructions could be a little more detailed. :think:
Agreed!
43rdRecceReg wrote:Edit: Sadly, I won't be around in 2073 to appreciate it. :thumbdown:
I'll try to get it done before then, then.

Yeah I'm quite impressed with what my 180 euros bought me, though there's going to be a lot of filling and seamline work to be done on this, and I do mean a lot.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Lert, when you get to the appropriate point and need any of the details then pm me and we'll make a plan. The price will depend on what you need but I'm happy to help you build the best model you can. There are bits like the parts on top of the gun barrel, the rangefinder, the control wheels etc that the Ludwig kit doesn't have, there's also the ammo holders for inside the ammo cabinets.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

AlwynTurner wrote:Hi Lert, when you get to the appropriate point and need any of the details then pm me and we'll make a plan. The price will depend on what you need but I'm happy to help you build the best model you can. There are bits like the parts on top of the gun barrel, the rangefinder, the control wheels etc that the Ludwig kit doesn't have, there's also the ammo holders for inside the ammo cabinets
Thanks mate, appreciate it. Will hit you up once I get to that point. Is probably going to be a while though.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

The Nashorn is such a lovely looking tank, in a tank sort of way you know haha
Alwyn Nashorn builds are awesome, but this looks like a nice kit aswell
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Will watch your progress on this, I'm waiting for mine to be delivered and then hoping to start it later this year.
I never finish anyth
fury69
Recruit

Post by fury69 »

looks damn good...

Return to “Unboxing”