Heng Long Tiger II Production Turret

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
Lert
Sergeant

Heng Long Tiger II Production Turret

Post by Lert »

So, I had expected to have to wait a week and a half. Turns out the delivery service was stuck on fast-forward so it arrived this morning after only two days. Record time! I'm happy.

Big-ass box:

Featuring a medium-sied ass box:

Inside, a familiar type box:

Inside that box:

Unpacked:

It came with the dual sound 2.4 ghz controller. Nice.

Size comparison to two other big cats:

She's a big girl. Absolute unit. Serious chonk. Oh lawd he comin.

All the fiddly bits fitted:

Well, 'all', except the axle caps. I'm leaving those off because of work I'm planning to do on her.

I'm also planning a full in-depth review, of the type I wish was available when I started in this hobby six-ish years ago.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Heng Long Tiger II Production Turret

Post by Jimster »

I think it looks great. That one helluva main gun.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

There's something about that toned down Camo scheme, that's very pleasing to the eye (My eyes, anyway.). I don't usually associate subtle paint-jobs with Heng Long. That's more like custom model territory from Rctank.de, and Licmas. Then again, HL has been upping its quality game lately. :thumbup:
Very nice.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

43rdRecceReg wrote:There's something about that toned down Camo scheme, that's very pleasing to the eye (My eyes, anyway.). I don't usually associate subtle paint-jobs with Heng Long. That's more like custom model territory from Rctank.de, and Licmas. Then again, HL has been upping its quality game lately.
Indeed. I'm half tempted to keep this camo scheme and just touch it up and apply weathering. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
That is a good and well painted camo scheme. HL is learning lessons from Taigen. Way back in the day, Taigen started turning out some very well done paint schemes. I still have my Panther G done up in their paint. I just painted accessories to match and did minor weathering ( offended the 'every tank must look like a pile of rust' crowd greatly, I can tell you ;o)
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Big Cat in the sun.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Lert I'm surprised with how good that stock Camouflage pattern looks. Maybe experiment with some minor touches and have a ready to go runner :wave:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
That is a good and well painted camo scheme. HL is learning lessons from Taigen. Way back in the day, Taigen started turning out some very well done paint schemes. I still have my Panther G done up in their paint. I just painted accessories to match and did minor weathering ( offended the 'every tank must look like a pile of rust' crowd greatly, I can tell you ;o)
regards,
Painless
I'm with you on that, Painless. I take the view that all tanks were once new, when they clanked out of the factory. Whether camo was added in the factory, or at the regiment's maintenance unit, they would have looked brand spanking new. That said, some T34s in Stalingrad went out into the fight without so much as a drop of primer on them. ;)
I like to add a bit of weathering, and leave nature and usage to supply the rest! The Kings of Corrosion also product fascinating results; but that's not for me. Making Battlefield hulks, yes, but not combat ready tanks.
I like the pristine look on your tank, with its immaculate camo, Painless, and that's pretty much what I aim for. (But fall short of.. :/ )
If that's the ranch house in the background, by the way..you're twice blessed (with all that tank-park acreage.. ;) ).
Regards,
Roy.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Roy,
Thank you, sir, for the encouragement. The house?, no that is an old photo from back when the Panther was newly finished. That was the mini mansion we owned while living in Firestone, Co. I do miss that place somedays but would not trade all the pristine splendor that surrounds me now ( however humble my dwelling ) out here in the middle of the Rockies for _any_ modern house with my neighbors 15 feet away on either side. Like the Mate says, we are living in a Postcard these days ;o) The Panther is weathering the years just fine as well. Almost time for that new, metal lower tho'
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Awaiting rebuilds....jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning, Roy,
Thank you, sir, for the encouragement. The house?, no that is an old photo from back when the Panther was newly finished. That was the mini mansion we owned while living in Firestone, Co. I do miss that place somedays but would not trade all the pristine splendor that surrounds me now ( however humble my dwelling ) out here in the middle of the Rockies for _any_ modern house with my neighbors 15 feet away on either side. Like the Mate says, we are living in a Postcard these days ;o) The Panther is weathering the years just fine as well. Almost time for that new, metal lower tho'
regards,
Painless
:) There are some delicate, and meticulous touches I espy in yon builds, Painless. :thumbup: What's more impressive, is the fact that you're capable (correct me if I'm wrong :) ) of completing the bulk of the camo on a model, with only recourse to Tamiya rattle cans. With careful masking, the rattle cans work very well, especially with a wee bit of brushwork for hints of weathering.
I just wonder how HL managed to achieve the muted, toned- down look, that's evident on Lert's new beastie?
If I could buy those colours, ready mixed, I would. They look very much like the colours Finnish tanks were painted with, in WW2- and I want to use those on my Tamiya Pz IV project..
We've had glimpses of your mountain spread in previous posts, with the beginnings of the 'tank park' in evidence. The old house would have been the crowning glory, but I guess the new one is every bit as homely.
Sorry about the detour, Lert. Back to you. :thumbup:
Jim Reeves
Recruit

Post by Jim Reeves »

I agree with all here, this version of the King has a beautiful look. I've had one for some months now and can't decide what to do with the factory paint job. I've been considering a light filter to give it a more dingy look but can't decide. Recently bought another Tiger 1 just because I liked the pre-weathered dunkeleb paint job so much!

Return to “Unboxing”