1/12 8x8 M983 HEMTT Tractor

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/12 8x8 M983 HEMTT Tractor

Post by MichaelC »

tomhugill wrote:Where was it ordered from?
Toucan Hobby off eBay, but you can find them on Aliexpress and Banggood also under Toucan and others. Roughly the same price, but make sure that you are ordering the right versions (one with sound and light and one without).

Toucan just told me that the trailer is ready for ordering so will let everyone know when it is available.

MichaelC.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi I see a trailer on the instructions ,have searched all over cant find it on the web, is there a web address on the instructions would like to see some photos of the trailer.

regards pete
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

971wright wrote:Hi I see a trailer on the instructions ,have searched all over cant find it on the web, is there a web address on the instructions would like to see some photos of the trailer.

regards pete
I have asked the seller about it. Don't think it is available yet, so hopefully it will be a reality but not holding my breath for sure. I am searching high and lo for another low-boy trailer for it.

On the otherhand, if it was the Patriot Missile Systems instead of the radar then they might have more interest.

MichaelC.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

A very impressive beast. Michael can we see a video of it running and sound? :D
Tanks alot.... :wave:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

c.rainford73 wrote:A very impressive beast. Michael can we see a video of it running and sound? :D
For sure, been trying to find a time to get out to a local field, but for sure at our next meet on the 8th. Will try to get a running video of it in my townhouse complex garden this weekend. I am dying to run it somwehere but have to move both kids to University this long weekend...... 8O
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just to let the UK guys know. A friend has a sample one for testing. They aren't officially available in the UK yet, and neither is the trailer (prototype has been done). Its the HG P801 or 802, and they do two versions, and two colours. It's a nice kit, lots of accurate detail, though the motors seem to run (very) hot. Durability is an unknown at this point. HG have previously made models at the cheap and cheerful end of the market so this is new territory for them.

There is a wide variance in prices from China, and any UK seller is going to have to charge a lot more than the Chinese are.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HG-1-12-RC-U ... 3059071113
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

wibblywobbly wrote:Just to let the UK guys know. A friend has a sample one for testing. They aren't officially available in the UK yet, and neither is the trailer (prototype has been done). Its the HG P801 or 802, and they do two versions, and two colours. It's a nice kit, lots of accurate detail, though the motors seem to run (very) hot. Durability is an unknown at this point. HG have previously made models at the cheap and cheerful end of the market so this is new territory for them.

There is a wide variance in prices from China, and any UK seller is going to have to charge a lot more than the Chinese are.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HG-1-12-RC-U ... 3059071113
I have ran mine three times now, two battle dates and one just hacking around and no major issue. Because the steering is via steel wires I do expect at some point it will need adjusting (like a bicycle gears/brakes). I have not notice the hot engine but I never got near the engine bay. All and all I am quite happy with it, almost the same thing as the Cross RC BC-8 Mammoth 8x8 tractor but at roughly 1/2 the price.

Here is the video of it running at our last gathering. Starting at 1:25 and ends at 3:35

phpBB [video]
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Heck that is a big truck, it dwarfs the 1/16 tanks. Excellent video, first one I have seen that shows how well it runs. Nice battlefield too, perfect surface for running tanks.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Thats an impressive looking truck!
I would love to say i want one, but i know i won't be shelling out for one, got other expensive projects.

It be great to see some videos of it running. Great looking beast, nice buy.

Enjoy the new toy
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
panzerschreck
Lance Corporal

Post by panzerschreck »

Hi Guys :wave:

Just got mine off "Haya UK" on Ebay :thumbup:

It is the cargo body version, minus the LEDs & sound.

Have ordered a couple of Li-po 5200s off Ebay also.

Not run yet (early Xmas prezzie to self), but will do a quick check before the wrapping paper goes on :silent:

Looks well made, with plenty of metal bits, and the detail is superb - I especially love the functional door locks & opening doors on the cargo bay.

It is the Nato green version, so will be called "Hulk" - as it also makes my 1/16 tanks look small, even the Chally 2 !!!

Roll on Xmas :angel:

Return to “Unboxing”