New version HL Tiger 1

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
capt midnight
Corporal

New version HL Tiger 1

Post by capt midnight »

Well, I guess I'm going to get the ball rolling. If you can think of anything else you'd like to see, let me know and I'll add it in...

This just arrived in the mail yesterday. The new box design was a bit of a surprise...

Now for a walk around of the hull...

Not much different here. The big thing I noticed was that there was no safety switch for the airsoft under the cupola hatch. Also, the only switches on the under side is the on/off switch.

More to come...
"Yeah, but it's a dry heat!"
Private Hudson (Bill Paxton) ALIENS
capt midnight
Corporal

Re: New version HL Tiger 1

Post by capt midnight »

Here's the smaller parts...

Cables and cleaning rods...

Here's the hull and turret details. Fenders, decals, as well as the standard commander figure. The small plastic bags have spare track links and pins...

Here's the battery, charger, and bb's. The pack is a Li-ion, 7.4 volt, 1800mAh. It weighs less than half of the Ni-cad packs...

Here's the new transmitter...

Instead of trying to describe how it works, I'll just put the instructions up...

Front

Back

One more post to go...
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Now for the inside works...

Here's the lower hull. Standard plastic gearboxes, smoker, and general layout. Do note the new speaker design...

And the upper hull. Not too much different here...

Here's a closeup of the MFU. Same case, but better goodies inside...

Popped the case and found that this is a version 5.3. A LOT newer than my other stuff.

This tank was purchased on ebay from seller toolsempire, in the US. Price was $79.99 USD, shipping included. Shipping was pretty good, just under a week from purchase to delivery. Quite happy with the purchase, especially with it being the newer version.

HOW DOES IT RUN?

Ran it around for about 10 minutes or so to check it out. Performance was standard for a plastic version Tiger 1, but the shining star was the sound system. The new speaker has a lot better tone to it and the new sound bytes are truly awesome. After running it, I had to put it up on the table with the treads raised just to hear the sounds. The new Tiger sounds are great with an unmuffled sound. The Leopard sounds are fantasist as well. I really love the way the motor sounds match the tread speeds.

It took a bit before I noticed that the barrel elevation was 2 directional, not just the old cam driven up/down/up of the older versions. This is really a great addition.

Here's a short video of the beast being run through it's functions. Notice the barrel functions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohaeL4Fq3DY

And another showing the controls and some better sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5nVeoH31Eg

Overall, I am really quite happy with this one. To be truthful, I bought it to do a conversion on, but I love the sounds. Thinking about swapping the radio and speaker out with my other Tiger, or maybe my Leopard!

Hope some of this proves helpful, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Bill
Last edited by capt midnight on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Bill when you have time can you post a video of it starting running through its functions for those who are not familiar with it right out of the box?

Maybe showing the bb airsoft feature and the new firing system with the button.

Looks good so far

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

c.rainford73 wrote:Bill when you have time can you post a video of it starting running through its functions for those who are not familiar with it right out of the box?

Maybe showing the bb airsoft feature and the new firing system with the button.

Looks good so farImage Image

Carl
I'll see if I can't something together tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

Bill
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Great review Bill.
Still waiting for this new version to appear in the UK.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

I just noticed that the main cannon elevation is two direction on this version. You can move up or down from any position, not just the cam driven up/down/up.

Weather hasn't been cooperating to get some video, so I guess I'll try and get some taken inside.

I'll post the video and any new info in the first post to try and keep all the info together. Might make it easier for future reference.

Bill
capt midnight
Corporal

Post by capt midnight »

Edited the main post with links for a couple of videos. One with the tank running, and the other shows the controls with a better grab of the sounds.

Bill
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Great. Thanks for the detailed and illuminating appraisal :thumbup: . At that price, with postage included, it's also a bargain..especially considering that if you wanted to buy the new TX and MFU as a separate package (to benefit from the much demanded sound effects upgrade), you'd pay almost that much over here in the UK. :problem:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
siegfried
Lance Corporal

Post by siegfried »

Much improved RC, they fixed the barrel length too. Over the years, you can see how things are getting better and better with the stock HL and RC. I wonder what the next 10 years will bring. I noticed some makers now have BB with barrel recoil functions too.

Return to “Unboxing”