Clark TK80

Discussion for Clark electronics.
Docomar750
Private

Clark TK80

Post by Docomar750 »

Hi All

I have a TK80 SBus got it in the tank my servos (turret, barrel and recoil) will not move soud plays but no movement. Also when the motors try to kick in recoil or drive the board is shutting down completely as far as I can tel everything is wired correctly but there seems to be a lack of circuit diagrams for the board to confirm connection polarities?

Darren
Docomar750
Private

Re: Clark TK80

Post by Docomar750 »

Sorry forgot the motors are red can ones 390s I think
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Hello, is your battery well charged? looks like a battery whose voltage drops during a current call...as well as the capacity (amps)
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

have you adjusted the low voltage threshold? as well as the number of cells, and the type of batteries?
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Yes, through a lot of trial and error our club figured out that you need to turn off the hull recoil when firing or the board shuts off. You have to use the sony programing remote to do this...

My buddy Mike (Jarlath) can probably hook you up with exact instructions as I am away from my resources... :-)
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
maxmekker

Post by maxmekker »

are you on messenger ? if so look me up ( stian sollie ) :thumbup:
Drammen Rock City
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

Ah the Clark tk80.. Cost more than a Beier and only has a 30 day warranty. I’ve got one, it never worked long enough to complete the installation. After six months of BS I decided to cut my losses and gave up on it.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Shagnifico wrote:Ah the Clark tk80.. Cost more than a Beier and only has a 30 day warranty. I’ve got one, it never worked long enough to complete the installation. After six months of BS I decided to cut my losses and gave up on it.
I’m not sure where you’re buying your Clark’s from but the Bieres 289 euros, that’s more even that the tk80spg2 boards….
Shagnifico
Lance Corporal

Post by Shagnifico »

Actually €289 is almost exactly what the tk80 cost. Beier $280 usd from the US dealer, so yes the Beier is cheaper. And the Beier will be delivered in a couple of weeks not months.
And the Beier isn’t going to cost you anymore shipping and repair charges unlike Clark. If you can afford a tk80 you can afford a Beier sfr-d. So there’s no need to subject yourself to being screwed by Clark. I paid over $300 for a tk80 which took two months to be delivered and died within a week. Six months after I paid for it I got it back from repairs by Clark and it still doesn’t work. Live and learn I guess,
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

I've never had issues with the TK-80's. TK-40's yes.

I now have 6 TK-80's in tanks and they all work flawlessly.
Track recoil brown out is an issue with the Clark boards. Usually affects the sound output when the tank performs track recoil.
Track recoil is such a farce anyways... Watch actual combat footage and unless you are in a light tank/vehicle with a larger gun (such as an AMX-13) you barely see any recoil transfer into the tank hull and suspension.

Return to “Clark”