Clark tk80 GBS problem

Discussion for Clark electronics.
Morebread
Recruit

Clark tk80 GBS problem

Post by Morebread »

Hi all,

Im having some issues with getting a GBS unit to function properly and was hoping someone may have some idea what may be causing it. When i switch on the GBS function the turret immediately start spinning in one direction and wont stop until i switch off the GBS. It does this despite the tank not moving and allowing the calibration time.

i also swapped the gbs unit from my other tank and tk60 to no avail. when i plug in the GBS unit from the tk80 into the TK60 it functions properly, so the actual GBS unit seems not the be the issue.

any thoughts?

Andre
Morebread
Recruit

Re: Clark tk80 GBS problem

Post by Morebread »

Hi all,

I reached out to Clark and he suggested swapping the polarity of the turret drive motor. I gotta admit i didnt think it would be the solve, but sure enough thats what fixed it!

AK
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A very useful tip, and astonishingly simple solution to what seemed a complex problem. :thumbup:
No doubt, anyone with a wayward stability system will find this interesting. It's almost worth having a problem to experience the satisfaction of solving it. Maybe that's why folk are driven to 'fix' things that ain't even broke. :D

An aside. 'Folk' is actually a plural, and so 'Folks', though commonly used (especially in the US :shh: ) is - strictly speaking- incorrect. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Picking on us American folk are you? So my first car was a Volkwagen?
I’m always amazed at your historic word knowledge and I totally enjoy learning. What would the singular form of folk be?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Morebread wrote:Hi all,

I reached out to Clark and he suggested swapping the polarity of the turret drive motor. I gotta admit i didnt think it would be the solve, but sure enough thats what fixed it!

AK
Ah a good old positive feedback loop!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Picking on us American folk are you? So my first car was a Volkwagen? :haha: In this context 'Volks'.. is the possessive case 'Volks-wagen' literally 'Folk's-Waggon' in English. But I'm sure you already knew that, Jim ;) :haha: Interestingly, Germans also use 'Leute' for Volk, or people. In English, we still have the 'Laity' for folk, and from a common root with 'Leute', but now only used in a Kirk context- like Thou (Du), Thee (Sie) and Thine (Dein). In the West Country (Devon, Cornwall and Somerset) folk still routinely say 'I be', (Ich Bin) instead of 'I am'. That's another relict of Anglo-Saxon England.
If you want to know how words of Teutonic (Germanic) origin come down to us, but a copy of 'Duden No 7': "Das Herkunfswörterbuch" - Etymologue der Deutschen Sprache" ISBN 3-411-20907-0 This 'wordbook' takes common German words and explains their origins, along with those of sister tongues: English, Danish, Norse, Dutch, Gothic (extinct) and so on. German lexicographers haven't forgotten (vergessen) that English began life as German, even if modern speakers don't realise it. :D An example: Schwarz (black) was, 'Swarthy' in English. (Old English: 'swart/sweart. Dutch 'Swart'/ German 'Schwartz). Thus (dutch: 'Dus'), if you want to know the history (etymology) of a word in all the Germanic family of languages (of which English is one)- try Duden!. It's easy to get hooked on it, but if friends want 'an early night' it can be a good way of inviting the Sandman, if unveiled at length :haha:
In the meantime, sorry about the detour, Morebread!. Have a great Christmas!..... 'Sorry'/sorrow'- related to German 'Sorgen'...oops, see what I mean (mean/meinen... see/sehen...)!
Jim, I have a 15 year old Glenlivet for Xmas day- but the genie in that bottle might want to escape before then!

I’m always amazed at your historic word knowledge and I totally enjoy learning. What would the singular form of folk be?
:D Folly!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Jimster: Thank you for the reference. I have to get a copy of Duden No 7': Das Herkunfswörterbuch" - Etymologue der Deutschen Sprache. ISBN 3-411-20907-0.

Folk refers to a group of common people united by some social characteristics or location, particularly as these people share a traditional way of life and carry on customs, beliefs, and arts.

Folk can function as singular (a folk) or plural (the folk of Milwaukee). However, in my dialect at least, folks exists informally to indicate a group of people (How are you folks doin' today?)

And in my punni-lect, followed by off, folk serves as a form of dismissal or rejection. :O
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Roy gets the credit for that reference. I speak mostly mid-American hillbilly. I guess the jolks on me! :haha:
Oops!! Thread drift alert. Steady as she goes, helmsman.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Jimster: Thank you for the reference. I have to get a copy of Duden No 7': Das Herkunfswörterbuch" - Etymologue der Deutschen Sprache. ISBN 3-411-20907-0.

Folk refers to a group of common people united by some social characteristics or location, particularly as these people share a traditional way of life and carry on customs, beliefs, and arts.

Folk can function as singular (a folk) or plural (the folk of Milwaukee). However, in my dialect at least, folks exists informally to indicate a group of people (How are you folks doin' today?)

And in my punni-lect, followed by off, folk serves as a form of dismissal or rejection. :O

I don't know quite how all of the text (most of it mine, Prof) came to be highlighted. :/
This was, of course, a tease and casual observation. Strict grammatical rules are regarded as a bit 'old school' these days; but I'm still grounded in the old arts and sciences. One could say 'ancient' :haha:
Perhaps this tendency to pluralise nouns that are not generally 'countable' began with 'Mr Jinx' (see below) Another example is 'surgery'. In Britain, one undergoes 'surgery', and this could consist of several 'operations'; but we don't generally undergo 'surgeries'; as they're places where Doctors and Dentists are located. :D ).
Blame Mr Jinx, when he said: "I hate those meeces to pieces!". Pixie and Dixie were mice, for those who can't remember 1950s/1960s cartoons. Then again, things more remorselessly onwards. Everything changes...
I'm hoping that Mr Morebread isn't planning to build on this abducted thread!. Most grovelling and sincere apologies, to you.
Might I add, you're pretty lucky to have a tank with a stabilisation system in it. :thumbup: There can't be many here who have one.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jimster wrote:I speak mostly mid-American hillbilly. I guess the jolks on me! :haha:
Hey now, let's not get personal! :D Wanna hear my NW ArKANSAS impersonation?!? :wtf: Just messing with ya all! :crazy:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Clark”