Completely and truly stumped. HELP!

Discussion for Clark electronics.
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Completely and truly stumped. HELP!

Post by tomhugill »

Hey Barry, this is how I did mine.

If you use the slip ring Stanley sells that gives 4x10a motor wires and I think 10 or 12x other wires. That should be plenty for your lower hull functions. I know you're using an 8 channel setup but if you upgraded the board to sbus you could run a tiny drone receiver which saves space.

I can get a 3s pack in mine ok but not sure how space in the turret compares to the tamiya. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Jimster wrote:I’ve got a better idea, Barry. PM your shipping address to me and I’ll ship you a Taigen metal Leopard 2A7+ with a new uninstalled TK-80G2 board with a 10 channel receiver. GBS is already mounted. Includes a remote weapon station I already installed. I’ll even include a FS-i6S radio with batteries and unopened Bundeswehr tanker figures. Clark servo recoil and elevation. Gun flash installed. All you need to do is hook things up get it working. If you get things going to your satisfaction, send me however much you think it’s worth to you.
I’ve lost all interest in modern tanks and it’s in my way. It’s getting dusty and needs some love.
WOW! Jimster, :clap: :clap: That is an amazing offer however I have a Tamiya Leo 2 in my stash that I have purchased all the upgrades from AFV Model in Germany and intend on building a Leo 2A6CAN with Slat Armor. Not only that with the Christmas presents I've gotten for "myself" (Tamiya Jagdpanther and HL Panzer III) I'm tapped out for the foreseeable future! :shh:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Right on. :thumbup:
Good luck with your electronics. That massive slip ring ought to help your situation nicely. Those turrets look roomy until you start stuffing it with batteries, boards etc.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

abramsky wrote:Hello guys
Feel free if somebody can correct me if i'm wrong, but Clark MFU should can work with external ESC of gerbox motors. In that case, only small signal is sent from the Clark MFU to control the external ESC motors. Such a signal should withstand a slip ring without of any problems. My suggestion is that you put the Clark TK60G2 in the tower along with the GBS and connect it with separate power supply (small 2s battery). Send the signal to the ESC through the slip ring to the lower hull, where you will mount 2 ESCs driving the gearbox, from 3s the main battery. You just have to remember not to connect the ground or VCC of the upper 2s battery with the lower one at any point ( they must have independent power supply cuircuit ). But not sure what with VCC and Ground from Clark to the ESC in the lower hull ( Is it not enough to just put the signal path from Clark MFU to the ESC without VCC and ground ).
Can someone confirm that I am right?
Ps. Barry. You have built a great detailed Abrams. I read the whole thread with your build. I wish you to run this beast as soon as possible. Good luck :)
Thank you sir!

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Thanks Tom,

I have sent an inquiry to Stanley about the availability of the Slip Ring.

Now to see if I can fit the Battery and "everything else" in the turret. If I can then the concern becomes the weight, If I could fit the Tamiya M1 Turret Bearing Rings into the HL Lower then the weight would be an issue. I've studied it and have not seen a clear path to do so. :think:

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Well everything will fit so I've ordered the Slip Ring from Stanley @ "RC Tank Legion" along with a couple of other items I need just to make me feel better about the shipping!

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. :thumbup:

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I've always been surprised by how quickly he gets his orders shipped to me. Good luck and keep us updated! Ho Ho Ho!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Yeah, Stanlley's orders seem to come really quickly and he's always been responsive to questions in my experience. I try to load up as much as I can in order to save shipping costs myself. Good luck.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Thanks guys,

I'm pretty much at a stand still until I get my hands on the Slip Ring so I can measure it up and see how much space it will actually take. With that in mind I did add a couple of items and sprung for the FedEx Express shipping! It cost about twice as much but hoping it will pay off big in shipping time! ;)

Barry
Leonardo Da Vinci

Return to “Clark”