Clark board tk22 HELP

Discussion for Clark electronics.
darthgeoff
Recruit

Clark board tk22 HELP

Post by darthgeoff »

Help guys
I have a major issue with this board where the motors pulsate at all speeds causing the tank to jerk at constant speed.iv tried different motors and batteries no luck any ideas?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Clark board tk22 HELP

Post by Jimster »

Something to check is making sure you’re drive sprockets aren’t binding and that the other wheels are free rolling and be sure your track tension isn’t too tight.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

In agreement with jimster its more likely to be mechanical than electrical and as you said you have tried other gearboxes I would look at track tension and sprocket alignment. These sorts of issues can be caused by the simplist of things, I have recently solved a similar issue just on one track, thinking it was a bent shaft I replaced the gearbox, it turns out having the track to tight has buckled the sprocket slightly. Barley visible but enough to cause an issue
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Hi darthgeoff,
I know this is a bit of a task, but if you have another tank or a spare motherboard you could use that. What I mean is take a working board from another tank and use that to check if it is the tank or the clark board that is the problem. You only need to connect up the on/off and the motors, this will show if the drivetrain works smoothly.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Afrikakorps
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1