Clark tk24 set up help.

Discussion for Clark electronics.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Clark tk24 set up help.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Jarlath,

I'm using an orange 6ch receiver, the board Is the 4 channel version with the 4 individual receiver leads, if I'm right in thinking the sbus board has only 1 receiver lead ???

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Correct. That's what I mentioned before. I think it's a simple reconfiguration of the channels.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Also check to see if your channels are normal or reversed.....
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks for confirming the board version Carl, I'm going to have another go this evening to hopefully sort it out :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

I would sugest to unplug the gearboxes and do sound' only until we have that dialed in

I dont have any 4 ore 6ch boards here atm so I must find a few older videos I did when I had ( + the one I already posted )

If you can set radio to mode1 so you have the same channel output as I have written on my radio in the video

phpBB [video]

as an example . On mode 2 you have ch3 and 4 on L stick if I'm not mistaking , So if you go the the tk60 page I linked to, and have a look at the 6ch setup, you see you need to use both ch3-4 to start the tank
that means on mode 2 ,on L stick, slightly down from center , and flick it Right .

Now if you have it in mode 1 as in my video you have ch 3 and 4 on seperat stick's , and need to use them both. Again ch3 slightly down from center , and ch4(L stick) flick it .
Drammen Rock City
maxmekker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by maxmekker »

and btw, sometimes ( dont ask why) the sbus came with all 4 wires connected , but only 1 was to be used ( others to had as spares )
Drammen Rock City
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Is the receiver an R610, R615?

You won't see any different externally between the connectors on the TK-24 & the TK-24S.
The S-Bus version still has the 4 connectors that are used for the 4channel version, you only hook up the S-Bus into the #1 channel slot.

Simple solution... Only plug in one channel into the TK-24 at a time to see if you can get any results.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Hi fellas,

I tried just plugging in one of the wires to the receiver but it did not even power the receiver ? I'm getting no movement of anything by moving the sticks, I can only get it to start the engine by holding both sticks diagonally up into their left hand corners. Then sometimes the engine will rev up and the main cannon will recoil but there does not seem any logic to the movements and they seem very random, still no turret traverse or elevation either in movement or sound nor is there any track movement apart from when they just decide to spin up in different directions to each other :/

Cheers, Lee.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Clark lists 6 versions/variants of the TK 24, Lee. Is there nothing on the board to indicate which version you have?
When I set up my Clark TK 22, I had to use the optional Sony TV remote to program changes into it, until I got to the configuration I wanted. Clark himself states that these boards are not fully plug 'n' play, and so it's probably worthwhile reading his setup instructions again in some detail. There are also troubleshooting FAQs, tips and hints on the website.
http://clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Evening Roy,

There is nothing that I can see on the board which may indicate what version it is, I have added a pic of it in the hope that some eagle eyed member may tell, it is proving very frustrating to be honest and I can see me shelving it until someday I may be able to get someone to take a look at it for me :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Return to “Clark”