Wildboar44 Tiger1 Help selecting Clarke Electronic upgrade?

Discussion for Clark electronics.
Wildboar44
Corporal

Wildboar44 Tiger1 Help selecting Clarke Electronic upgrade?

Post by Wildboar44 »

This is the part where I make a confession... Please Farther for I know almost next to nothing about "electronics"... in fact I'm hopeless. Watts, amps, Ohm's ? .

When I started my Tiger 131 101st PzAbt build the idea was to use the original RX18 (2013) spec with the addition of conversion to an Asiatam/Taigen recoil unit (2014) vintage and pretty much nothing else.

Well as we all know, even Heng Long got a groove on and their more recent offerings are leaps and bounds more advanced than RX18. So this leaves me with a dilemma,I would like to upgrade my sound/movement/function to something that justifies all the time and effort that have gone into my re-build. But the question I use what do I need ?

I can tell you I don't need IR function, I'm not into Battle mode. I don't want a re-programmable unit as this Clarke unit is not going anywhere but in this Tiger. I can say that I wont want a Smoker unit

I can tell you that I am thinking of converting to a Clarke recoil/elevation servo set up for the main gun as the HL motor movement noise is intrusive. I am prepared to accept that I will need to move the main pivot point to the front of the Turret and not the HL pivot point somewhat back from that point.

I think the simple question is if I were to make out a shopping list for this Clarke conversion, what will I need ?

In anticipation of your help I thank you.

Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Wildboar44 Tiger1 Help selecting Clarke Electronic upgra

Post by jarndice »

Do you mind if I ask why you are intending to use a Clark Board ?
Since you first started on this epic adventure the choice and the quality of MFUs have improved time without end and as your Tiger has the space that a smaller hull lacks you can fit anything you like and minus a Smoker will have even more room so the World of programmable Control boards is your oyster :/
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I just did the recoil kit conversion and you will love it. 16004A is the Clark recoil/elevation kit number that you need. Very good install instructions on the Clark website. I currently run a Clark TK40s in my Tiger and it is excellent for motor control and the sounds are very good.
Having said that I must say that after watching/listening to many YouTube videos I’ve ordered an Elmod Fusion Pro because of the stunningly realistic sounds and the ability to set up your tank to handle like a real 62 ton beast with brake effects and tons of other parameters to adjust and customize.
I’m not knocking Clark boards by any means (my Leopard has the outstanding TK80sG2) but I’ve spent much time and effort on my tank and I want to treat myself with a fully immersive driving experience.
Good luck with your choice but I would watch videos on the different offerings before you buy.
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

jarndice wrote:Do you mind if I ask why you are intending to use a Clark Board ?
Since you first started on this epic adventure the choice and the quality of MFUs have improved time without end and as your Tiger has the space that a smaller hull lacks you can fit anything you like and minus a Smoker will have even more room so the World of programmable Control boards is your oyster :/
Hello Mr-J, no particular preference, probably the combination of their Servo Recoil unit and Tank boards, I would welcome suggestion, as I have said before I know very little about product selection and suitability when it comes to electronics. :thumbup:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Jimster wrote:I just did the recoil kit conversion and you will love it. 16004A is the Clark recoil/elevation kit number that you need. Very good install instructions on the Clark website. I currently run a Clark TK40s in my Tiger and it is excellent for motor control and the sounds are very good.
Having said that I must say that after watching/listening to many YouTube videos I’ve ordered an Elmod Fusion Pro because of the stunningly realistic sounds and the ability to set up your tank to handle like a real 62 ton beast with brake effects and tons of other parameters to adjust and customize.
I’m not knocking Clark boards by any means (my Leopard has the outstanding TK80sG2) but I’ve spent much time and effort on my tank and I want to treat myself with a fully immersive driving experience.
Good luck with your choice but I would watch videos on the different offerings before you buy.
Hello there Mr Jim, I must admit if its was Dazpanzer's Elmod video you are referring too I for one fell in love with those vibe's Wow!. Still as I like yourself are a whiskey lover... responsible product purchasing must be carried out when not having a little tipple... We know where that can lead !.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Ha ha! Very true. “Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker.” Shop responsibly my friend.

Return to “Clark”