Help with tk60p board

Discussion for Clark electronics.
Sam84
Recruit

Help with tk60p board

Post by Sam84 »

I have a tk60p board for my tank, I'm having trouble connecting this board up to an fsi6s controller and a ia10b receiver, this setup is new to me and I was wondering if any one can help with this setup?
Also I've been watching videos on sbus for the controller/receiver and I am wondering how to connect it to the Clark board?
Any help will be much appreciated

Thank you

Sam
King tiger
Tiger 1
Panzer IV
Panther
Sherman
Stug iii G
Leopard
And still going
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Help with tk60p board

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Is your Clark board the Tk60P or the TK60SP?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Sam84
Recruit

Post by Sam84 »

Hello Richard, thank you for replying
It's a tk60p Clark board, would there be much difference between the two?

Many thanks

Sam
King tiger
Tiger 1
Panzer IV
Panther
Sherman
Stug iii G
Leopard
And still going
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Very much so. The TK60P uses 4 separate channel connectors to the receiver and uses the ibus protocol (I think). The TK60SP uses sbus, which has a single cable from the receiver to the board. To use the TK60P with your transmitter, you would need to configure the transmitter to ibus. Unfortunately I am not familiar with it. I use a FlySky i6X, which by default uses ibus. Read through your manual carefully. There should be a section dealing with changing the protocol. It is done on a model by model basis.

Hopefully there is someone here who has experience of the i6s. Sorry I can't be more help.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

If your board isn't designed for sbus (ie doesn't have a "S" designation) it won't work as sbus (just a single outlet from the reciever that splits into two as it reches the board). If you download the full set of instructions from the Clark website it shows you how to use both options - assuming you have the various receiver channel connectors hooked up?
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

This is a link to the manual for your FlySky i6S. https://www.flyingtech.co.uk/sites/defa ... 161001.pdf
If you go to page 15 paragraph 7.3 It tells you how to switch to iBus output. You then just need to connect the 4 leads from the board to the receiver, bind the receiver to the transmitter and it should all work. If the sticks don't control what you expect, just swap the leads as they go into the receiver.

If it isn't already, personally I would set the transmitter to Mode 2.
Richard
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

silversurfer1947 wrote:This is a link to the manual for your FlySky i6S. https://www.flyingtech.co.uk/sites/defa ... 161001.pdf
If you go to page 15 paragraph 7.3 It tells you how to switch to iBus output. You then just need to connect the 4 leads from the board to the receiver, bind the receiver to the transmitter and it should all work. If the sticks don't control what you expect, just swap the leads as they go into the receiver.

But if the board itself isn't SBUS compatible it won't work with SBUS mode switched on!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Black Knight wrote:
silversurfer1947 wrote:This is a link to the manual for your FlySky i6S. https://www.flyingtech.co.uk/sites/defa ... 161001.pdf

But if the board itself isn't SBUS compatible it won't work with SBUS mode switched on!
That is why I said to switch the transmitter to iBus!
Richard
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
Black Knight wrote:

That is why I said to switch the transmitter to iBus!

Yes mate, but the TK60 board comes with or without sbus capability - if it is not a TK60SP (or SPW/SPWG2) ie no "S" in the model designator it will not work in sbus mode regardless of what mote the TX unit is set to! If the board did not come with the sus lead it isn't sbus compatible and will not function in sbus mode.

Return to “Clark”