Discussion for Clark electronics.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Help with tk60p board

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Black Knight wrote:
silversurfer1947 wrote:
Black Knight wrote:
But if the board itself isn't SBUS compatible it won't work with SBUS mode switched on!
That is why I said to switch the transmitter to iBus!

Yes mate, but the TK60 board comes with or without sbus capability - if it is not a TK60SP (or SPW/SPWG2) ie no "S" in the model designator it will not work in sbus mode regardless of what mote the TX unit is set to! If the board did not come with the sus lead it isn't sbus compatible and will not function in sbus mode.
If you read all the posts, you will see that the OP states it is a TK60P that he has. That is why I am telling him to reset his transmitter to ibus mode!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

This is the lead that will be supplied with the board if it is sbus compatibleImage

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Black Knight wrote:This is the lead that will be supplied with the board if it is sbus compatibleImage

Please read all the posts. The OP has clearly stated that he has a TK60P board.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
Black Knight wrote:
silversurfer1947 wrote: That is why I said to switch the transmitter to iBus!

Yes mate, but the TK60 board comes with or without sbus capability - if it is not a TK60SP (or SPW/SPWG2) ie no "S" in the model designator it will not work in sbus mode regardless of what mote the TX unit is set to! If the board did not come with the sus lead it isn't sbus compatible and will not function in sbus mode.
If you read all the posts, you will see that the OP states it is a TK60P that he has. That is why I am telling him to reset his transmitter to ibus mode!
"P" in the model designator = programmable, "S" (eg SP) = sbus compatible. OP does NOT have an sbus-compatible board
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

From the Clark TK60 instruction manual (link posted earlier)Image

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Black Knight wrote:
silversurfer1947 wrote:
Black Knight wrote:
"P" in the model designator = programmable, "S" (eg SP) = sbus compatible. OP does NOT have an sbus-compatible board
Once again, please read the posts. We have already established that he does not have an sbus compatible board. I shall remove any further comments.
Richard
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Mr black knight sir, why are you trolling this thread?

It has been clearly stated that the board the OP has does NOT have an Sbus designation, and all the advice has been given with regards NOT having an Sbus designation.

So why the F are you banging on about a bloody Sbus ?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

The confusion might be due to the setting the radio to iBus comments, but I'm only guessing. iBus and Sbus are similar, but incompatible technologies. The non-SBus version should be using PWM shouldn't it? Maybe setting this particular type of system to iBus enables the PWM outputs also. I don't know since I don't have that radio.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

There maybe a few members who are not familiar with the difference between IBUS and SBUS protocols, and I found this article ( I posted once before, I think) to be very useful:
https://oscarliang.com/pwm-ppm-sbus-dsm ... ifference/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

Can somebody read and clarify this , I think Black Knight is correct but I may be mistaken !

Return to “Clark”