TK40 or TK60

Discussion for Clark electronics.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

TK40 or TK60

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have a metal Torro Sturmtiger. I have been in touch with Stian Stolle about the 2 boards. He tells me the TK40 has a 3 watt amplifier with 20 amp motor current, whilst the TK60 has a 15 watt amplifier with 60 amp motor current. My question is - Do I need a 60 amp motor current? Also, the sound levels with my old TK22 boards in other tanks seem loud enough using a Visaton FR7. The FR7 is rated at 8 watts, 10 watts maximum. I assume the TK60 would need a different speaker.

I shall be grateful for any words of wisdom on the relative merits of either board as they might relate to the Sturmtiger. Also,if I were to get the TK60, what speaker would you recommend?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: TK40 or TK60

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Hi, nowadays I would get an Elmod Fusion Pro.

I dont want to ruin anybody's business but If I am right the sound memory in the clark boards is about 4mbs or so, so it is IMHO next to nothing. (Only the machine gun sound in other of my boards is about 1 mb!, go and figure!) and of course it means no user sounds at all, and you all know one of the things I love is to keep playing tank commander voices, horn, long cold starting motors (even 45 seconds for starting a very cold motor in russia) radio chatter, artillery strikes, marches, music and so on. Also I like the Elmod software for being able to configure everything in the board (but I can do almost everything just with my radio and hell of programming)

About the current, 10amps should be enough. I think a 380 motor has an amp draw of 6-8 amps. So unless driving big things, 60A is maybe too much.

Sorry if I hit the wasps nest, but this is just my honest opinion.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

I have the TK60 in my Sturmtiger with stians custom sounds, i think it sounds fantastic, i am very happy with the setup, perhaps if you want marches and music a different board may be better but i am happy with mine just
making tank sounds, i believe the TK40 is the revised TK24

Regards john :wave:
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hello,
the TK-40 have the same V2 Soundsystem like the TK-60 - and Stians soundset are great.
The TK-60 is only neccesary if you plan a Gearbox/Transmission-upgrade with 540er Motors.
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

I have a TK60 (thanks Stian) to run a DKLM all metal hull & tracks and a DKLM PDSGB - powered by a 3s lipo. The main motor has a 20amp fuse which blows if I throw a track and don't notice immediately (the track jams against the metal hull). So, for me a TK60 makes perfect sense :D
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

I also went for the s-bus version which is a vast improvement on the standard set up :thumbup:
Black Knight
Lance Corporal

Post by Black Knight »

Ludwig von wigbearer wrote:I also went for the s-bus version which is a vast improvement on the standard set up :thumbup:

As above - SBUS is so much simpler and neater 8) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Always on the search for Bootneck-proof kit

Return to “Clark”