Help needed

Discussion for Clark electronics.
square4
Lance Corporal

Help needed

Post by square4 »

Been trying to setup a Clark TK22 in a Heng Long K/Tiger with Flysky FS i6 radio and receiver, trouble is the receiver is not being recognised by my transmitter when I switch on power to the tank. The receiver has been bound to the Tx several tiomes but no joy, if I hook up a battery pack to the Rx all is fine. I examined the TK board it appears ok apart from the circled component in below photo which gets very hot when power is switched on, 3 questions , 1 what is it, 2 should it get hot and 3 can you help.
TIA Chris
Attachments
22tk.jpg
22tk.jpg (39.19 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
I never finish anyth
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Help needed

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Can't help with the component. With the receiver, are you binding it when it is connected to the Clark board? What I do is connect everything up, receiver to board. I then fit the binding cable and go through the binding procedure. Never let me down yet.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Not sure if I've tried that way, I seem to have done every other way, will give it a go in the morning
and see if it works.
cheers
Chris
I never finish anyth
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Figured it out, it was a resistor causing the problem, bypassed it working fine now. :)
I never finish anyth
square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
square4 wrote:Figured it out, it was a resistor causing the problem, bypassed it working fine now. :)
Word of advice, some resistors are used like fuses, if I were you, I'd replace the resistor just in case, wouldn't want to have to end up bypassing something important ;)

Oh, and the concern I have is why did this resister pack up, is there a lurking problem?
I've found out the fault which was main thing , now I know which component is faulty I can get it replaced and see what happens then. This board is coming out anyway as I have another board which is going in so I can sort the fault at leisure.
I never finish anyth

Return to “Clark”