Clark board advice.

Discussion for Clark electronics.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Clark board advice.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Afternoon all,

Having never owned or seen a Clark board up close I'm after a bit of advice :| I'm looking at putting the Clark tk24 board into the Cromwell project I'm currently working on. I'm not looking for anything too fancy just something that will operate the clark recoil and elevation servo units I've fitted along with the taigen rotation unit and gears I've installed. My main question is what is the difference between the Clark tk24 - 4ch option and the tk24 s-bus option :crazy: Stian includes the sounds for the Cromwell so that's a bonus :thumbup: but I'm just wondering which is the best board to go for, any advice will be gratefuly received,

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Clark board advice.

Post by tomhugill »

If you can stretch to one get a tk60, running on 3s gives the Cromwell it's characteristic burst of speed.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Regarding the TK24 4 channel and s-bus version, the main difference is that with the s-bus, the sticks just operate throttle, steering, turret rotation and gun elevation. Other functions are allocated to switches on the transmitter. It means no fiddling about trying to find the half positions for elevation, engine on and off, and the neutral etc. Having got one of each, I prefer the s-bus. It does mean that you need a transmitter/receiver combination with 10 channels. The Clark instructions are designed round the FlySky i6S. I actually have the FlySky i6X which achieves the same, but does not have the touch screen operation. I found Stian (maxmekker) very helpful.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks Tom, now that's thrown another option/problem into the equation :crazy: :lolno:

That's very useful info Richard :thumbup: I have a spektrum dx6i so I wonder whether this will be compatible with the s-bus version ???

Cheers,Lee.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

On that I can't help you, though my gut feeling says no. It's a question of whether you can assign the switches on the Tx to additional channels. I would suggest asking our Norwegian Clark guru, Stian. If you do need a new TX, Banggood are selling the i6s for £43.76 and the i6X for £36.67.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

This is the manual for the TK24. http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx20/index.html If you scroll down you will come to section for the s-bus and the part which deals with channel assignment. As I read it, you will need a minimum of 8 unless you forgo some functions. However, I am no expert in radio control set up.
Richard
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you very much Richard, that is all excellent information :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

As you know, Lee, I opted for the TK60 in my Cromwell build. It's certainly more of a challenge fitting it in, given its size, but as you can see from this pic, it does go in neatly in transverse orientation (like a Mini engine). I opted for this unit because of its future potential, robustness (drive train amperage..), and also because of those amazing Rolls-Royce Meteor Cromwell sounds from Stian.
I use it with my Spektrum Dx6i.
Cromwell with Clark Tk60 electronic heart
Cromwell with Clark Tk60 electronic heart
Using a 10-channel TX would confer other benefits, as channel sharing can be a pain; but I just happen to like my Spektrum radio.. :think:
Incidentally, I had to revise the turret layout slightly after this pic, in order to make more room for the smoker pipes.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

To add to the last post, the TK24 uses and will support the same sounds and sound formats as the TK60.
Richard
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

That's great news to hear that the tk60 board will fit thanks Roy :thumbup: does the tk60 board also come in a standard and s-bus option ? If so which version did you opt for please Roy.

Thanks Richard, that's one of the reasons that I'm going with the Clark board because of the sounds that Stian provides :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “Clark”