Clark TK24 - Non S-bus

Discussion for Clark electronics.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Clark TK24 - Non S-bus

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I have fitted a TK24 to my T90. It is not the s-bus, just the 4 channel. My Tx is a FlySky i6X with a 6 channel FlySky i6a Receiver. I can get all the sounds that are supposed to be there, but I am really struggling with the switch that engages the drive gears to the extent that I can't get the drive to engage at all. Is there any way of assigning this to one of the 2 position switches on the Tx or is this only possible with the s-bus version?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Clark TK24 - Non S-bus

Post by tomhugill »

Possible with a transmitter with ersky9x, i.dont think your tx has the mixing ability
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I've got an FS-T6, it has mixing in the programming menu, is this it? If so, what would I need to set up?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Richard I just installed the same board on the brummbar I purchased from Tom. Maybe I can help you. I don't have it assigned to a switch yet but I find switching into and out of neutral easy.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

I am somewhat stumbling along in the dark. My initial attempt with the board with everything plugged in was chaotic. I have now stripped the T90 down to a bare hull, with nothing plugged in apart from the motors battery and volume control. As I said above, I seem to get all the sounds with the sticks as indicated in the Clark instructions, but I am unable to find the correct position to get out of neutral. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Even better would be if you can assign this to a separate switch.

I have to say, generally I find the half positions on the Clark boards a bit hit and miss. Maybe I'm just too clumsy.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

My throttle is on the right stick and the other functions are on the left. How is yours setup?
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

For me cannon fire is left stick down machine gun is up and to the left and up and midway up left is the neutral shift point.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Mine is throttle on right stick, turret on left.
To start the engine its left stick to the left and down. No problem getting the tank started.
The neutral/gear position is on the left stick. Somewhere in the lower right quadrant. It's always a bit of a wiggle around before I hear the clunk sound that means that it has been put into gear.
I asked Clark if there was any way to disable the feature with a software edit but apparently there isn't. I really like the TK24, and this is the only feature that I wish he hadn't added.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Being left handed, I prefer the throttle on the left, so this is how mine is set up. I will check out exactly where everything else is this morning. I have a vague recollection of hearing some sort of clunk and seeing the track jerk slightly, but it did not lead to the track engaging. Possibly, not knowing what it was, I disconnected inadvertently. It would be so much easier to have it on a switch, though it would seem this is not feasible.
Richard
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

You'll get a distinct click when the lights are switched on/off, and a subdued clunk when the gears are engaged.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Clark”