Clark TK24 - Non S-bus

Discussion for Clark electronics.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Clark TK24 - Non S-bus

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I thought that might be the case. If I take your T90 RX18 from here viewtopic.php?f=79&t=23675 and rewire the hull connector as per the Clark notation, it should all work correctly?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It will all work. The TK24 uses the old 8 pin circuit order.

1&2 Turret rotation.
3&4&5 Elevation and airsoft.
6&7&8 Machine Gun and Lights.

By wiring the turret rotation motor directly to the 8 pin, and the same with the other wires, it drastically reduces the wiring and makes it easy to fault find if you ever need to. If motors are running the wrong way you can simply swap the polarity.

If airsoft isn't needed you just don't connect the wire from the 8 pin to anything at all.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

:D :D :D Very chuffed with myself. I swapped the connections for the rotation and elevation over in the hull 8 pin connector, changed over the Rx channels and, wonderful to behold, I now have rotation on the right stick, left and right. I had to reverse the channel as it was going the wrong way. This means that all the secondary function are 180 degrees out, but it all works. Neutral is still a bit hit and miss, but I think that just need some practice.

I was wondering though. If I swap over the two wires for the rotation, will that reverse the direction, without causing any damage to anything? That would mean that everything would correspond exactly to the pictures in the instructions.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Sure you can change the polarity on the motors by swapping the wires over on either the 8 pin or the motor, it won't damage anything and the motor will run the other way.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Reversed the wires to the turret rotation, unreversed the channel on the Tx. Everything works. The half positions are a bit tricky for both the elevation and neutral, but I'm getting better at it. That's nothing new though - same with my other Clark boards. Now if someone very good with transmitters can work out a way to move these functions to a switch, everything would be fantastic. It's a shame you can't connect the elevation direct to one of the spare channels on the receiver.
Richard
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

That's why I usually disconnect the elevation, or run it through the smoker or airsoft switch. Just set it level and switch it off, as I never need it on a level battlefield. :thumbup:

Glad to hear that you have it all sorted.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Clark”