Clark TK22 in a Taigen Panther F - Recoil and flash?

Discussion for Clark electronics.
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Clark TK22 in a Taigen Panther F - Recoil and flash?

Post by c.rainford73 »

You have blue alone to one side and red and black to the other side. From your photos
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Code501
Private

Post by Code501 »

There should only be 2 wires per motor.

Elevation is located on CN9.5 and CN9.6 and is not really polarity dependent. (There's no defined plus/minus)

Recoil motor plus should be connected to CN9.3 and the minus of the recoil motor should be connected to CN9.4. This IS polarity dependent. A way to make sure that you know which tab on the motor is plus/minus is to connect the recoil motor to a separate battery. When the recoil gear moves clockwise you know you succeeded in finding the correct polarity. It also helps to mark the polarity on the plastic body of the assembly.

The micro switch should be connected to CN3.4 and CN3.5, and is not polarity dependent. It's just there to signal the MFU when firing.

The canon should only fire when you trigger the canon with your transmitter. If it does trigger with something else you should check if Main Gun Function Mode is set to Tamiya Recoil Mode. Is your MFU the TK24 by chance?

Take a look at the TK2X diagram I made, as it might make it easier to understand the CN9.5 etc. talk :haha: :
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx2 ... 20v1_0.jpg
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdSturmTiger (128mm PAK 44)
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
Dusty Steppes
Private

Post by Dusty Steppes »

I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting this link but if you scroll down in the thread you will find photos of how I have wired the Taigen recoil to work with a TK22.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tank ... rsion.html
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Dusty Steppes wrote:I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting this link but if you scroll down in the thread you will find photos of how I have wired the Taigen recoil to work with a TK22.
No violation mate, any help we can offer to our members is good help regardless of its origin.
Credit to you for supplying the info.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Zapper
Private

Post by Zapper »

Thanks for all the really helpful replies.
Code501 wrote:There should only be 2 wires per motor.

Elevation is located on CN9.5 and CN9.6 and is not really polarity dependent. (There's no defined plus/minus)

Recoil motor plus should be connected to CN9.3 and the minus of the recoil motor should be connected to CN9.4. This IS polarity dependent. A way to make sure that you know which tab on the motor is plus/minus is to connect the recoil motor to a separate battery. When the recoil gear moves clockwise you know you succeeded in finding the correct polarity. It also helps to mark the polarity on the plastic body of the assembly.

The micro switch should be connected to CN3.4 and CN3.5, and is not polarity dependent. It's just there to signal the MFU when firing.

The canon should only fire when you trigger the canon with your transmitter. If it does trigger with something else you should check if Main Gun Function Mode is set to Tamiya Recoil Mode. Is your MFU the TK24 by chance?

Take a look at the TK2X diagram I made, as it might make it easier to understand the CN9.5 etc. talk :haha: :
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_rx2 ... 20v1_0.jpg
I have that diagram already, I found it most useful (its very good by the way). I perhaps didn't make it clear but I do have a TK24 and I have the wiring setup as you describe (just two wires to each motor, though its not very clear in the photos). The recoil gear moves clockwise as well so I think its wired right. The main gun only fires when you trigger it from the Tx but there is still no recoil on the barrel. I'm thinking I should get an IR programmer to check to see if its set to the Tamiya Recoil mode?
Dusty Steppes wrote:I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting this link but if you scroll down in the thread you will find photos of how I have wired the Taigen recoil to work with a TK22.
Very helpful as well, and I have wired mine in the same fashion.

I shall beg, borrow or steal an IR programmer to see if the setup is right.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Where are you located? Not sure if someone could loan you one or find it on the Clark website. If you're in the states I have a brand new one in my shop for spare.
Code501
Private

Post by Code501 »

Zapper wrote: I have that diagram already, I found it most useful (its very good by the way). I perhaps didn't make it clear but I do have a TK24 and I have the wiring setup as you describe (just two wires to each motor, though its not very clear in the photos). The recoil gear moves clockwise as well so I think its wired right. The main gun only fires when you trigger it from the Tx but there is still no recoil on the barrel. I'm thinking I should get an IR programmer to check to see if its set to the Tamiya Recoil mode?
Since you have a TK24 the solution is simple; Main Gun Function Mode must be set to Tamiya Recoil Mode. TK24 default Main Gun Function Mode is Gun Elevation Servo Mode. Gun Elevation Servo Mode enables the Second MG trigger and would also explain why the recoil triggered with MG2.
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Rob thank you for sharing this information. It's very helpful
Zapper
Private

Post by Zapper »

Code501 wrote: Since you have a TK24 the solution is simple; Main Gun Function Mode must be set to Tamiya Recoil Mode. TK24 default Main Gun Function Mode is Gun Elevation Servo Mode. Gun Elevation Servo Mode enables the Second MG trigger and would also explain why the recoil triggered with MG2.
Aha, so it looks like I need the IR programmer.

Sadly I'm in the UK (the south east corner to be precise) so by the time you add shipping that remote you have in stock is going to be rather pricey. So I will have to pass on the offer.

Your help has been outstanding so thanks again.
Code501
Private

Post by Code501 »

Zapper wrote: Aha, so it looks like I need the IR programmer.

Sadly I'm in the UK (the south east corner to be precise) so by the time you add shipping that remote you have in stock is going to be rather pricey. So I will have to pass on the offer.

Your help has been outstanding so thanks again.
No problem :thumbup: It is better to order the Sony remote with the IR Configuration line when you order another Clark. They're mandatory if anyone owns a Clark and I advise anyone who owns a Clark (or orders their first one) to get the IR configuration package (Sony remote and IR configuration line). It's invaluable in testing or programming the Clarks.
*Leopard 2A6
*JagdTiger (88mm PAK 43)
*Elefant
*SdKfz 234/2 Puma
*SdKfz 251 PAK 40

Return to “Clark”