August TOTM submission, now voting thread.

August Poll

Poll ended at Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:42 am

1. Captured T-90
50%
2. Sherman M4A1
50%

Total votes: 20

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

August TOTM submission, now voting thread.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hi folks, thought I wouldn't rush to start this after the late ending TOTM in July.

As always, we look forward to seeing what models each month brings.

You can find this month's dedicated chat thread here.
August TOTM chat thread - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=33499&p=331442#p331442
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Re: August TOTM submission thread.

Post by SoCalBobS »

NUMBER 1

More of a tribute and acknowledgement of current times, than a serious contestant. This is a Heng Long T-90, with markings indicating it has been captured by Ukrainian forces. The markings I've seen in photos of the real tanks are spontaneous and ad hoc, so I placed them as I'd guess where they'd be useful. It's pretty much stock, just some re-wiring to allow the "red eyes" to be controlled independently. I noticed that nearly every photo I saw showed the tanks to be more dusty than muddy, so I modelled that.
sT-90 14.JPG
sT-90 08.jpg
sT-90 09.jpg
sT-90 12.JPG
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
c.rainford73
Major

Re: August TOTM submission thread.

Post by c.rainford73 »

NUMBER 2

I'll throw my hat in the ring, here's a Sherman M4A1 from my collection. It has a Clark tk40 with Sherman radial sounds, taigen metal turret with recoil and flash. I added the stowage and supplemental armor plates from DGS military hobbies. ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Tank of the Month”