August TOTM chat thread.

Moderator: TOTM Managers

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:29 am

Please feel free to chat about this month's TOTM here.

This thread is open to anyone interested in this month's TOTM and its model submissions.

It helps keep the submission thread free and tidy for browsing the model submissions.

The submission thread can be found here.
August TOTM submission thread. - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=32018
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby EAO » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:29 pm

So I missed last month's contest due to being really, really busy :yawn:, and here I am all ready to go and nothing! Bueller, anyone....anyone? Bueller,... Bueller?

Just kidding, I'm sure it will turn out to be another agonizing vote again!

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Staff Sergeant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:33 pm

Nothing stopping you from submitting a model Eric :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Jimster » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:29 am

I think I hear crickets chirping. I’ve GOT to get a second tank someday just to stir up some more entries. I’ve seen tons of cool tanks posted recently but nobody’s stepping up to the plate.
Jimster
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby EAO » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:31 am

Mick,

Nothing but a man's sized set of gonads! :D Maybe I'll wait until the last possible minute and then submit 308 again?! If no one else enters the contest do I win by default?! :think: I have learned how to use my phone now and can take videos without it being in portrait mode! :{ :lolno:

Jim you just need to finish up your little puddle jumper! :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Staff Sergeant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:21 am

Thank you lmcq11 for our first marvellous submission :clap: :clap:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:13 pm

jarndice wrote:I just did something I swore I would not do, I bought a Mobile telephone,
I began photographing for file all my PZ4s and the temptation to download the "TapaTalk" app was close to overwhelming but somehow I have held off so you have been saved from my puny efforts for yet another month :haha: :thumbup:

Hey, Shaun, it is now another month ;)
I'm sure I speak for others too when I request you bite the bullet and show us one of yours :D
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby EAO » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:59 pm

I knew Louis had to have something else hidden in his war chest! :crazy: Very nice, I've always been enamored with wheeled, multiple axle steering AFV's since I was a kid. Love the .50 cal with the belts of ammo and empty cases (just wish it had the slow thump of the real .50). Great POV video too, thought you might launch an ambush on the person working in the garden?! :D But Louis, not the flower garden! :haha:

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Staff Sergeant

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:43 pm

Hey, Eric: be fearless. I once entered one of my tanks on an Australian list and I won! I think they took pity on me. :D
Herr Dr. Professor
Staff Sergeant

Postby Jimster » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:09 pm

Ha! I entered Ol’ Ugly so often folks got tired of it and took pity on me. :{
Jimster

Postby Will01Capri » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:25 am

i really ought to build a tank, i so busy with things i don't actually have time to build my own tanks hahahahahaha
right, for a month i am going to build a tank(notice i didn't say year!!!)
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Postby lmcq11 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:48 pm

EAO wrote:Love the .50 cal with the belts of ammo and empty cases (just wish it had the slow thump of the real .50).

Yeah, the MG1 or MG2 ports are not configurable on Clark boards. But when i checked the specs on the Browning M2, it has a rate of fire of 450/600 rounds per minute, which means 7.5 to 10 rounds per second. Somehow, the slow thump that we hear in reality does not seem to reflect that. It sounds more like 4-5 rounds per seconds while the Clark board is probably closer to 8 to 10 rounds per seconds, i have no way to measure it and no expert in machine guns.

lmcq11

Postby Sub » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Eao.
If you want to hear the slow thump of a .50 cal check out my MRAP vid for February truck of the month its a real .50 cal during a gun fight...
Wahaa.
Sub.

Sub
Sergeant

Postby EAO » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:15 pm

lmcq11 wrote:
EAO wrote:Love the .50 cal with the belts of ammo and empty cases (just wish it had the slow thump of the real .50).

Yeah, the MG1 or MG2 ports are not configurable on Clark boards. But when i checked the specs on the Browning M2, it has a rate of fire of 450/600 rounds per minute, which means 7.5 to 10 rounds per second. Somehow, the slow thump that we hear in reality does not seem to reflect that. It sounds more like 4-5 rounds per seconds while the Clark board is probably closer to 8 to 10 rounds per seconds, i have no way to measure it and no expert in machine guns.

Louis, pay zero attention to my critique! After seeing so much of your creativeness and precision with all of your amazing builds, I knew that if it was possible you would of had made it that way! I just have a fixation with the "Ma Deuce", it's slow thump is one of my favorite firearm sounds! Along with the seamless rip of a MG 42, and the two wooden 2x4's clapping together sound of an AK47! Of course there is the mini gun too, but then I digress! :/ It still rates a 10 out of 10 for me! :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

Sub wrote:Eao.
If you want to hear the slow thump of a .50 cal check out my MRAP vid for February truck of the month its a real .50 cal during a gun fight...
Wahaa.
Sub.

Sub, I remember that spectacular build and the great soundtrack too! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Staff Sergeant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:13 pm

Thank you Model Builder 4 for our second marvellous submission :clap: :clap:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:00 pm

Thank you Kaczor for our third marvellous submission :clap: :clap:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Jimster » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:36 pm

I see it’s already going to be a tough decision. We have some most excellent model builders among us! I love the variety of rarely modeled subjects.
Jimster

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:03 pm

Thank you PainlessWolf for our fourth marvellous submission :clap: :clap:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby EAO » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:21 pm

MB4,

Always loved the 222! Built one when I was about 12, complete with a plaster of paris diorama that featured saguaro cactus cutouts. At 12 I had no idea that they weren't indigenous to North Afrika! Looked more like Phoenix than Tobruk! :D At any rate, beautiful work! :thumbup:

Kaczor,

Always loved the little FT, the "Great Grand Father of All Modern Tanks"! Love the camo and video! At the National WW1 Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, MO they have a FT used by us in WW1. It has a gaping hole in it's flank from a German round that knocked it out. It also has the signatures of the mechanics who worked on it over in France. Embarrassingly enough; although it's only a few hours away, in 13 years of living here I've never made it over there! :{ Really love the story of these little tanks standing up bravely against the modern Blitzkrieg! :clap:

Painless,

Loved the DAK PzIV build. Always entranced by anything from that Campaign. The leaky fuel drum is pure eye candy! :crazy:

I knew once the ball started rolling, it would get difficult almost immediately to pick a front runner! Well done!

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Staff Sergeant

Return to Tank of the Month