August TOTM chat thread.

Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Re: August TOTM chat thread.

Post by Will01Capri »

i really ought to build a tank, i so busy with things i don't actually have time to build my own tanks hahahahahaha
right, for a month i am going to build a tank(notice i didn't say year!!!)
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

EAO wrote:Love the .50 cal with the belts of ammo and empty cases (just wish it had the slow thump of the real .50).
Yeah, the MG1 or MG2 ports are not configurable on Clark boards. But when i checked the specs on the Browning M2, it has a rate of fire of 450/600 rounds per minute, which means 7.5 to 10 rounds per second. Somehow, the slow thump that we hear in reality does not seem to reflect that. It sounds more like 4-5 rounds per seconds while the Clark board is probably closer to 8 to 10 rounds per seconds, i have no way to measure it and no expert in machine guns.
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Eao.
If you want to hear the slow thump of a .50 cal check out my MRAP vid for February truck of the month its a real .50 cal during a gun fight...
Wahaa.
Sub.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

lmcq11 wrote:
EAO wrote:Love the .50 cal with the belts of ammo and empty cases (just wish it had the slow thump of the real .50).
Yeah, the MG1 or MG2 ports are not configurable on Clark boards. But when i checked the specs on the Browning M2, it has a rate of fire of 450/600 rounds per minute, which means 7.5 to 10 rounds per second. Somehow, the slow thump that we hear in reality does not seem to reflect that. It sounds more like 4-5 rounds per seconds while the Clark board is probably closer to 8 to 10 rounds per seconds, i have no way to measure it and no expert in machine guns.
Louis, pay zero attention to my critique! After seeing so much of your creativeness and precision with all of your amazing builds, I knew that if it was possible you would of had made it that way! I just have a fixation with the "Ma Deuce", it's slow thump is one of my favorite firearm sounds! Along with the seamless rip of a MG 42, and the two wooden 2x4's clapping together sound of an AK47! Of course there is the mini gun too, but then I digress! :/ It still rates a 10 out of 10 for me! :clap: :thumbup: :wave:
Sub wrote:Eao.
If you want to hear the slow thump of a .50 cal check out my MRAP vid for February truck of the month its a real .50 cal during a gun fight...
Wahaa.
Sub.
Sub, I remember that spectacular build and the great soundtrack too! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thank you Model Builder 4 for our second marvellous submission :clap: :clap:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you Kaczor for our third marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I see it’s already going to be a tough decision. We have some most excellent model builders among us! I love the variety of rarely modeled subjects.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you PainlessWolf for our fourth marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

MB4,

Always loved the 222! Built one when I was about 12, complete with a plaster of paris diorama that featured saguaro cactus cutouts. At 12 I had no idea that they weren't indigenous to North Afrika! Looked more like Phoenix than Tobruk! :D At any rate, beautiful work! :thumbup:

Kaczor,

Always loved the little FT, the "Great Grand Father of All Modern Tanks"! Love the camo and video! At the National WW1 Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, MO they have a FT used by us in WW1. It has a gaping hole in it's flank from a German round that knocked it out. It also has the signatures of the mechanics who worked on it over in France. Embarrassingly enough; although it's only a few hours away, in 13 years of living here I've never made it over there! :{ Really love the story of these little tanks standing up bravely against the modern Blitzkrieg! :clap:

Painless,

Loved the DAK PzIV build. Always entranced by anything from that Campaign. The leaky fuel drum is pure eye candy! :crazy:

I knew once the ball started rolling, it would get difficult almost immediately to pick a front runner! Well done!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Tank of the Month”