WSN Tiger1
46%

Total votes: 39

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

May TOTM submission now voting thread.

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello TOTM fans :wave:

Here we are again with another chance to post your pride and joys, with the added bonus that one of you will have your model featured in our most prestigious Winners Gallery :thumbup:
And another of you will automatically earn a place in our December Christmas special for another bite at the cherry :D

So step right up, you have 7 days to post up to 8 visual representations of the single RC model you'd like us to drool over, metaphorically speaking, no actual drool will end up smothering your models, unless you are a dribbler ;)
8 visual representations means that you can post either pictures or videos, or a combination of both types up to 8 in total.
A description of what's been done to it, giving credit to any third parties that have done any of the work would be most helpful, and a link to a build thread within the description is also acceptable :thumbup:

Please find this month's chat thread here.
May TOTM chat thread. - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=31572
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: May TOTM submission thread.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Number 1

I will have a go:

Mattoro Jagdtiger conversion
Upper by Mattoro, lower by Torro( thanks Mr Jackalope) both cut and lengthened.
All metal running gear
Barrel and mantlet from Tank-Modelblau DE
Taigen elevation & recoil unit
Tow hitch from Mr Sassgrunt
Running IBU2 control system.
Patience by Jack Daniels
Painted, weathered & photographed by me.
(pics will allow zoom once opened)

Build thread here

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20170

Thanks again to Mr Gunner for putting on the TOTM
Attachments
3C640A68-EBDC-475B-A54F-C7EE3273E4E9.jpeg
611E2326-B7C6-48E5-B04A-AA8A540E065E.jpeg
81594A5B-E048-44AC-A8DB-6BE20732CA81.jpeg
3871AED5-FD94-4AED-86FA-41C4AAB83593.jpeg
F6208FFC-1353-4B2F-93ED-4575D869506A.jpeg
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tubby
Recruit

Post by Tubby »

Number 2

Last edited by Tubby on Mon May 10, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Number 3

There are nice looking Tigers in the race so I thought I would submit my last Tiger. This is the Das Reich S32 Tiger I at Kursk 1943. I started with the WSN Tiger as I like it better than Henglong's Tiger I. I like the lines a little better and it has more detail than the Henglong even though its a Mid-production Tiger and Henglongs is closer to an early production. I could bring the Henglong up to standards but its more work.

ImageTiger_s32_2

Since I am doing this particular Tiger, I had to change the gun mantel but there were Tigers running around Kursk with the reinforced gun mantels. I had to change the loaders parascope but there were Tigers at Kursk without a loaders scope, some early Tigers had 2 lights, some had none... mine has 1 and matching the camo scheme exactly off of 3 existing pictures was also enjoyable. So the margin for error has left the building :'( but challenges make us stronger! 8) All the internals are stock WSN, works great for a few laps around the yard. :P

Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTrzaJ]Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTw6QF]Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTrzew]Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTrzft]Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTqJEy]Image[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kTp8mY]Imagehttps://flic.kr/p/2kTs3Kr

Kursk was quite the battle, largest ever fought! If you are interested in the armored warfare or the Battle of Kursk you should read "The Last Citadel" by David Robbins. It is excellent! :thumbup:

As a disclaimer the aerial recon flag is a matter of historical authenticity and I in no way support or promote Nazism, the Nazi party or Hate in any way shape or form. Kursk was one of the last times the Germans used these flags as they never again could count on the Luftwaffe being the ones overhead.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: May TOTM submission now voting thread.

Unfortunately we are now down to just two submissions because someone got very salty and childish and threw their toys out of the pram. Which resulted in them editing all their posts in all seven of their threads, around 40 posts in all, including their TOTM entry, with just a few full stops.

Why may you ask, then I shall tell you why. . .
They posted a derogatory remark about Jo Biden within a TOTM thread. As you know, as a forum team, we remove such remarks for forum harmony, it matters not where abouts on the political spectrum any of us are. A polite PM was sent to the offending poster explaining the situation.
Sadly this former member decided to take it overly personal and had a bout of the terrible two's.
They didn't even bother to reply to the PM.

Therefore, the Torro Tiger1 in the middle is no longer with us, along with them.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Unfortunately we are now down to just two submissions because someone got very salty and childish and threw their toys out of the pram. Which resulted in them editing all their posts in all seven of their threads, around 40 posts in all, including their TOTM entry, with just a few full stops.

Why may you ask, then I shall tell you why. . .
They posted a derogatory remark about Jo Biden within a TOTM thread. As you know, as a forum team, we remove such remarks for forum harmony, it matters not where abouts on the political spectrum any of us are. A polite PM was sent to the offending poster explaining the situation.
Sadly this former member decided to take it overly personal and had a bout of the terrible two's.
They didn't even bother to reply to the PM.

Therefore, the Torro Tiger1 in the middle is no longer with us, along with them.
This is unfortunate, polarization and the internalization of politics are brewing a world of discontent within ourselves and with others, many of which would have naturally been an ally. We need to always remember that we all have more in common with each other than our differences. This hobby, like all hobbies, games and gatherings should offer to remind us of just that and work to bring people together.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

We have no problems with people having heated political discussions, just keep them on dedicated political discussion forums. Just in case people don't realise, this is a radio controlled military model forum :thumbup:

The funny thing is, we are sure it was this particular member who voiced that they were banned from a Facebook group, of which they didn't know why.

Sorry, we're not giving out prizes for an accurate guess.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got a day to go folks, get your votes in & give Mr Gunner something to do on his days off !!
Not that he has many, but lets keep him on his toes eh ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Tank of the Month”