February Truck Of The Month chat thread.

Moderator: TOTM Managers

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:03 am

Hello TOTM fans :wave:

Yes, we've actually done it, set up a Tank Of The Month where tanks are excluded.

Please post anything about this month's competition and entries submitted here :thumbup:

The submission thread can be found below.
February Truck Of The Month submission thread. - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=31179&p=305196#p305196
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby General Jumbo01 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:13 pm

Well done mate, you actually made me fix my Tapatalk account! First up too, though the pics are poor quality mobile camera shots - but enough excuses! Hope you like 'em :{
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:42 pm

Is it Truck of the Month, or, Truck Collection of the Month, I wonder? :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:59 pm

Mr Jumbo01, I hate to break it to you, but it's Truck Of The Month, not truckS, just like EVERY monthly competition, just ONE vehicle is submitted per entrant :/

I'm afraid truckaholics anonymous is elsewhere, but failing that, there is always the show off section for those pictures :thumbup:

So, we just need up to eight visual representation of ONE Truck, then we're good to go :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby General Jumbo01 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:15 pm

I entered this combo as that is what it is, a close coupled tractor unit, one pulling and the other pushing. It was designed like this because, as much as anything, it makes it more interesting to watch when displaying at shows. However, if it's considered unfair then l'll make it clear which is to be considered. Please confirm. I doubt they'll be a threat - there are no guns or rockets to be seen!
General Jumbo01

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:39 pm

General Jumbo01 wrote:I entered this combo as that is what it is, a close coupled tractor unit, one pulling and the other pushing. It was designed like this because, as much as anything, it makes it more interesting to watch when displaying at shows. However, if it's considered unfair then l'll make it clear which is to be considered. Please confirm. I doubt they'll be a threat - there are no guns or rockets to be seen!

Can you not take fresh pictures of just the featured truck? Within the spirit of the competition?
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby General Jumbo01 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:43 pm

I thought l was working within the spirit but l can simply state which is the candidate if you still want me to. I really don't want to spoil anyone's fun so just tell me - you're the boss, boss ;)
General Jumbo01

Postby Jimster » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:36 pm

Wow, Sub! That's some impressive scratch building. What control board are you using if I may ask?
General J, you have a most impressive array of super detailed models. I imagine the hours spent on them is incredible.
Jimster
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby Ad Lav » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:39 pm

How about this one and a brief description?

You have some great models, pick one and give some quick details :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ad Lav
Lieutenant

Postby General Jumbo01 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:56 pm

Okay, l'll have a look through the collection and pick a singleton. I'll edit it in over the existing post spot. Give me 24hrs or so as l'm enjoying eye laser treatment this week and l'm told they can't do it over the phone! 8O :crazy:
General Jumbo01

Postby Jimster » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:58 pm

We’ll keep an eye out for you. (Poor pun, toooo much coffee)
Jimster

Postby General Jumbo01 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:06 pm

Actually Jimster, l quite enjoy laser work and find it fascinating, my consultant loves the latest technology. My concern is that this treatment may require a retinal injection. Call me silly, but l can't say l much fancy that!
General Jumbo01

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:09 pm

General Jumbo01 wrote:Okay, l'll have a look through the collection and pick a singleton. I'll edit it in over the existing post spot. Give me 24hrs or so as l'm enjoying eye laser treatment this week and l'm told they can't do it over the phone! 8O :crazy:

Cool thanks :thumbup:

As for laser treatment, our dog had some, cost a small fortune.
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Thank you Mr Sub for our second marvellous entry :clap:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby General Jumbo01 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:17 pm

Really! It's strange that you don't expect pets to have 'human' treatments. A few years ago one of my cats had to undergo chemotherapy. That cost an arm and leg too. It added an extra month to her life. Crazy, but at the time it seemed justifiable.

Hey, we're way off topic here :haha:
General Jumbo01

Postby Sub » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:23 pm

Hi.
Thank you Mr Jimster for your kind words,
It was rather an effort working out where everything needed to be and size wise to fit the chassis at 1/16 scale, made my head hurt some days, its like most of my builds all done from photographs, no plans or technical drawings involved.

There is not a control board as such, i sort of cobble together parts and intergrate them to work together and make my own " stuff " from components and do my own sounds on my computers audio program, works out sometimes.
The control boards like Clark and IBU etc are just too expensive for me so i do my own thing to get things going.
I have a king Tiger that i did the same way, several sound programs that i can change at will from the Tx
With vol control too.
Works for me :thumbup:
Mr Gunner ammended as decreed. :P
Sub.

Sub
Corporal

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:38 pm

I noticed, thanks Mr Sub :thumbup:

Mr Jumbo01, they give animals same sorts of treatments we have, anything to make money. We once had an epileptic dog, the drugs direct from the vet doubled in price, I used to get a prescription from the vets, and take it to Boots the chemist, because they were exactly the same medication that humans take.
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby General Jumbo01 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:23 pm

That's s thought, do Boots do flea treatment? That's got to be cheaper too. What, for my cats? No, me :{
General Jumbo01

Postby Jimster » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:20 am

Nice truck, Exhibitedbrute! I have one in 4x4 version. I like the foggy windshield and stencil work. Touch ups are always required.
Jimster

Postby EAO » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:04 am

I didn't realize that these trucks were going to be so massive! Very nice assortment so far!

General Jumbo01, I'd love to see that thing in action! I bet it's a real handful! :crazy: 8O

Sub, what a massive machine! Very cool and an imposing presence on the battlefield I'm sure! :thumbup:

Exhibitedbrute; growing up in the countryside of Wisconsin, I was very familiar with International Harvester's as a kid. Grandpa always called them "corn binders" instead of I.H.! :haha: I was once in a International Scout 800 that rolled 4 times! The beanbag chair I was sitting on in the back prevented me from receiving even the slightest bruise! :wtf:
You have a nice truck there!

I think voting will still be as difficult as with the "normal" TOTM contest!

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Sergeant

Next

Return to Tank of the Month