TOTM rules of engagement.

Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

These rules are made up from a combination of the past three TOTM administrators rules with past entrants submission habits, along with my own interpretations of the above. Which seem to be the general consensus. I just thought I'd bring them together for easy clarification. I don't think I've made any radical changes to the rules.
If you have any constructive comments or concerns, please feel free to voice them.

1. As per the name of this forum, all entries must be RC (Radio or Remote Controlled).
However, due to the rising interest of trucks and other forms of AFVs on this Tank forum, any AFVs including military support vehicles will be allowed.
Therefore, any tracked, half tracked and wheeled vehicles can enter, so long as they're military.

2. The entered vehicle can be any scale, just so long as it is RC.

3. Entries can have a total of 8 visual presentations whether it be pictures, videos, YouTube links or a combination of the three.
No other links allowed apart from a link to the build thread within this forum.

4. The competition is all about the vehicle being submitted, not the scenery or trick shots, so no composition or Photoshop type pictures or vehicle obscuring dioramas please. Crew members and riders are acceptable.

5. Entrants obviously must be forum members who own the vehicle submitted. So no entries submitted on someone else's behalf or from another site.
Note; there is one exception, if you are the builder showing off your handiwork that otherwise may not be seen.

6. Only one submission per entrant in any month.

7. Anyone can enter each month, with the exception of the previous months winner. However, their winning entry is excluded for six months.
Note: to runners up, please do not re enter the same vehicle in the following month, this is to avoid the same vehicles being continually entered month after month. Thank you.

8. Models can be built, and/or painted by third, even fourth etc parties. However, in the spirit of the competition, please give credit to those parties.

9. This is not a sales room, so, no showcasing of vehicles up for sale, for example.

A new thread will be opened at the beginning of each month for entries, and will run for one week, maybe a little longer if it's a slow quiet month. Then polling will commence and run for one week (7 days). Announcements will be made if there is to be any delays or extending to the entry week.
Note * Also as there is a limit of only 12 Poll slots, the submission time will close early if that limit is reached before the seven days has expired.

Remember, this is just for fun, and just another way of showcasing your handy work.

Edited to add this; you can vote for your own submission, or any other if you prefer theirs from yours :thumbup:

Edited to add a note on rule 5.

Edited to add a note on rule 7. And re edited to correctly say what I meant :{

Edited to add note *

Regards. Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Tank of the Month”