61%
Seperate Photo/Video threads current format
39%

Total votes: 28

c.rainford73
Major

TOTM Edits and Changes

Post by c.rainford73 »

So as May approaches I wanted to ask all who are interested in this section of our wonderful forum to chime in with some feedback on some ideas I have for the competition going forward....

So I have some ideas :think:

I want to simplify things and make the competition easier for all who want to enter. My idea is to combine the two halves and make one great competition with the best of the best representations of armour and vehicles.

Here's my proposal

1.No more individual video and photo sections.
2.One big competition incorporating photo and videos.
3. A total of 6 photos and 1 video per entry
4. If you don't have videos but photos of your build , you can supplement the entry with an additional photo (7) total
5. Same rules for entry and a short description of the build are required.

I think this would be interesting and simply make the competition easier and better. While running this for some time now I see how much more people enter and vote in the photo section month after month.

Don't be afraid to enter pictures only, maybe videos are not your thing. It may make the competition better and really push us as a group to really raise the bar.

If this is interesting and well recieved I'll set it up for May in about a week :clap:

Your thoughts and feedback are welcome Image Image
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Re: TOTM Edits and Changes

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks Mick. Hopefully some more feedback from the forum and we can roll head with it :thumbup:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Carl!, Good afternoon,
Just a question whose answer will let you show more about what can be done. Can the Six Pictures and One Video be of two different subjects ( ala' six pics of one tank and a video of a truck?) or should all seven display pieces encompass only one vehicle?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Hi Mr Painless, I should have clarified that bit, they will all be of one vehicle. It would limit the number of entrants to just one per month, but I think it will work :think:

I Like a format like this:

6 photos
1 video
Description of the vehicle
Builder of the model

If you choose not to add a video it may give the others a distinct advantage but we are looking for the best and anything one can do to win within the rules should make for a great competition me thinks..... :wave:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Happy to go with that, speaking as someone who has wonderful ideas for tank videos, and nowhere around here to actually make a movie. Having the camera skills of a retarded mollusc doesn't help much either! :/
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Um, no idea !

For me, a video section very separate from a picture section is simpler.

6 pics

Or

One video
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I think it's a great idea Carl.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Thanks for the feedback ! I think we will try this new format and let it run for the month of May and if it's a hit we will tweak it if needed....... Or leave it alone :thumbup:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I think it's better to keep photos and videos separate. That way the guys that don't want to do videos or can't do videos don't have to compete with the videos.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Rcpanzer
Recruit

Post by Rcpanzer »

Hi, I have been working on a video of my first tank project for a few weeks now (teaching myself how to edit)

Sorry I am a bit confused now, when it was 'submit a video' or 'submit some pictures' it was really clear. I just dont think extra pictures would add anything to my video, a video is already 1000,s of pictures.
If we could keep is as a video or x number of pics it would be clear.

My video also has more then six stills in the edit? Are they counted even if they are part of a video?? Or am a thinking to much about it and its all just 1 video. Now there are pictures and videos mixed together i am confused....

Many thanks

Return to “Tank of the Month”