Tom's Cromwell
51%

Total votes: 37

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: TOTM March Photo submission thread

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I still post regularly, Doc. I'm doing a 1/6 scale 'Turn a Toy into a Tank' build with my Stuart. If pauses happen, it's because I am awaiting parts ( and advice, never done one this big before ). I'll be back to 1/16 when this tank is clanking along sometime this Spring.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good morning,
Lets not forget that hardly anyone liked the Rules that I set up. A couple of huge blow-ups resulted and I lost a couple of tank modeling friends and the Board lost a couple of very productive members over me being the moderator and setting up said Rules. The end result is that I am some sort of a Pariah now ( still haven't quite figured out what type yet but the days still young apparently ) So anyway, Carl is the Moderator now and can change the Rules to something more current and in line with todays Forum.
regards all,
Painless
Remember this Mr Wolf, you did not create the blow up, in fact you did everything you could to avoid it, but, some folks just cannot let things be and retain perspective.
Plus, often times its not the message that is the problem but the way its delivered, they obviously wanted to make a point & deliver a message based on what they believed, but the way it was delivered was only ever going to end badly for them.

I still reckon this section is about encouraging good work, and to have the peers show appreciation for that good work.
As for Mr Lavs problem elsewhere, that smacks of voting "the man" rather than "the machine"
I vote the tank that appeals to me, the way its done, and the final effect, not the man or men that assembled it, or painted it, or posted it or any other tenuous reason not to like it !! :/

Hes an oldy but a goodie...........................

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

And the often overlooked last line :
"nor the heartache of seeing a tank entry in TOTM from T.Hugill !!"

Congratulations for all those that entered, and good on you for those that will enter next time :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Peregrine
Recruit

Post by Peregrine »

Oh.. maan.. this contest is impossible because it's impossible to fairly choose 1out of the 3 submitted so far.. in my book, they're all winners. So now I have to add some personal bias to eliminate... i love this pz IV, it's really unbelievably beautiful. But if I only have one vote, I have to give it to Tom's Cromwell because of its uniqueness in RC arena. And the detail is amazing, too.

Edit:
Nm.. I forgot March is over already.. lol.. can't vote.
Torro Late Tiger I: metal pro version, ASP2/Taranis controls, many customizations.
Taigen KV-1: HL 2.4GHz controls, few customizations.

Under Construction:
HL M41 Bulldog: ASP2/Taranis controls, all metal upgrades, many customizations.

Return to “Tank of the Month”