Tank Of The Month for November

c.rainford73
Major

Re: Tank Of The Month for November

Post by c.rainford73 »

Max-U52 wrote:Love the fact that you're allowing video. The fact that it's been split into two different competitions? Not so much. This is just my opinion and we all know about opinions, but I would have preferred it to just add the video option to the existing TOTM, not making it a separate competition. The men on this forum are capable of judging tanks based on the tank itself, and the video effects shouldn't sway them but should allow a more thorough examination of the model. Like it's been said, maybe you have a new sound system or smoker and video shows it much better, but I'm not crazy about the idea that posting a video prohibits me from posting still photos as well.

But it is a step forward and huge respect to the guys that put this thread on for us every month. It can be a thankless job and I'm very grateful to those that take it on.
Hi GaryImageSo far TOTM November has been going quite well. Since it's my first time doing this I've been hoping to get feedback from everyone willing and able to offer it - so for that I'm very appreciative.

I've recieved much positive feedback from many members in regards to the video submission thread. Let's let this roll as it is for now and when voting closes on the 16th it will be open for discussion for future TOTM threads.

The decision to have two seperate threads makes for a little bit more work on my end but it's not too difficult. I wanted to get more people involved and by having a TOTM picture winner and a TOTM video submission winner it gives members a better opportunity to contribute. I've personally never sent and recieved more private messages since I've joined the forum so I've been able to get to know many memebers I've never talked to before - a very positive thing.

It may be a simple reworking of the English language on my part and I can call the TOTM video submission thread simply Video of the MonthImage

As you and I well know many people are much better at video ( like yourself Image) and some excell with photos so we want to make this as easy as possible.

I know the videos allow members to properly showcase some special features that no photo could ever do ( functions, sounds, smokers). My efforts to keep it fair and invite more people to contribute in a venue they feel completely comfortable in ultimately lead to the seperate thread format. Let's continue to bounce ideas off one another and all are encouraged to do the same!

Many thanks Gary :wave:

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Greetings everyoneToday is the last day to enter your photo or video submissions. We have had a very nice turnout for November.

I will post the threads for voting for each tomorrow

Carl
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I think you guys all know that I have made a video or two so I have a tiny bit of experience on the subject. I just wanted to say that I watched all four of the video entries for this month and I am seriously impressed. All four offer some really great work, and really great tanks. I learned very important stuff from all four videos, both stuff I want to try and emulate and stuff it might be better to stay away from. The focus in all four remained on the tank and that's really great, and as it should be. Four truly excellent tanks in these videos, too. The Sherman going over rough debris really showed off the great HVSS, the shot of the M48 going over the bridge shown from behind is truly classic, the dusk effect when Wittman's tank fires and you see just the right barrel flash, and the shear awesomeness (is that even a word?) of the bridge layer are all things that stick in the memory and still make me smile. Thanks to all you guys for posting great videos, you made a good day just a wee bit brighter. 8) ;) :clap: :thumbup:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

Thanks for those kind words Max-U52 I just thought it would be different from the usual but it did go out of focus as it got darker which you have forgiven me for, I thank you. But you have very fine videos yourself and they inspired us I'm sure we'll they did me anyway, Steve.
"A sherman can give you a very nice ...edge"
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

c.rainford73 wrote:Greetings allImage

Tank of the month will begin on November 1st.
After some discussion the format will be as follows:

Any Tank, armoured fighting vehicle or military truck is welcome. Vehicles must be remote controlled so as before no static builds will be allowed to compete.

Larger scale Rc tanks and vehicles are welcomed.

The competition will have two sections so photo and video submissions will be seperated.

If you have a picture set to submit your vehicle will be judged in the TOTM picture thread.

If your thing is video you will have the chance to enter your video ( single one pleaseImage) of your vehicle in the TOTM video submission thread.

Choose the section that best suits your skill, this will allow for more entrants and encourage more to come forward with what they are more likely to show off thier best work:

If your tank or vehicle is submitted in the photo section there will be no video of the same tank submitted. ( one entrant per month)

Likewise if you submit via video that vehicle will not be allowed to compete in the picture thread.

Video or short movie will be limited to approximately 5 minutes.

Feedback is welcomed and benefits everyone so please don't hesitate to add some ideas before November's TOTM competition.

Thanks to everyone for thier patience and kind words as we move toward the roll-out.

Carl
These are the rules I set in place last year.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Wasn't there a rule about extra distracting stuff adorning the submissions like too many figures etc? I seem to remember something about it.

And Carl. Can't see anything wrong with your decisions/choices within the rules :thumbup:

Mick.
There was quite a bit of discussion about backgrounds and added accessories, then we decided that our members are smart enough to judge the tank on the tank itself, and not be distracted by the background.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Tank of the Month”