May TOTM chat thread.

EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: May TOTM chat thread.

Post by EAO »

Man I'm a sucker for a good Tiger!

Tubby,
Very nice Tiger! I really like the hand done zimmerit! Great job and a little time consuming too!

Jnewboy,
You already know how I feel about your Kursk Tiger! Beautiful in a most brutish kind of way!

As always, decisions, decisions, decisions! :think:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jnewboy
Sergeant

Post by Jnewboy »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:This is great! Tiger variations from Australia, the UK, and the US! I have so enjoyed reading RCTW postings from all around the world. You all do such great work.

I noticed our Californian's disclaimer: perhaps a good reminder, not needed all the time, but just once in a while for any casual viewers out there who may not understand modeling. Here's a little bit that surprised me. Some years ago, I stepped off the Amtrak running across the Southwestern US (yes, the train was stopped at the time). Looking up I saw a building with a frieze decorated with Schwastikas. Yikes! Later, my friends from New Mexico explained that the Schwastika was once a Native American symbol, long before it was associated with evil.
We live in uncertain times and we cant assume much anymore. Once I would have figured anyone viewing my work would already understand and appreciate historical accuracy but I don't anymore. I also am sympathetic for those affected by hate in the past or present and I understand the swastika has been a lightning rod for it.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I would like to think most people that frequent this forum are mature enough in their thinking to fully appreciate that any use of Schwastikas within these virtual pages are purely for historical purposes.

Further to my earlier post on the subject, here are a few examples of how it was used around the world through the ages with no evil intent until Hitler stole it. He didn't even have the imagination to design his own symbol.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210510-085326.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-085251.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-085219.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-085134.jpg
20210510_082841.jpg
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I would also make a reasonable assumption that all who visit here have an understanding of the use of these scale flags is no more than a representation of historical fact, rather than any form of leaning.
I too however have felt the moral need to issue warning about one I used(Panzer IV Malta)
I feel that it is only fair to at least offer fair warning to some that may be far more directly linked or affected by some images, regardless of their intent, and be negatively impacted by that.

Lets let it go now eh, and allow common sense & intelligence to prevail....................
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Why, Son of a Gunner: thank you for the interesting images about the decorative uses of the Schwastika from centuries upon centuries ago. You have added another to a number of things I have learned from the eclectic interests here in RCTW. What a treat!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hey guys,

So Summer is my favorite time of the year (I'm weird, I love the heat and humidity), but also our busiest. So I'm gone for like a week and miss all the drama! :/ We sure do discuss lots of diverse topics here, and it's always fun. That being said; screw politics, and lets all get to what we all love, and are here for anyhow...RC Tanks! :clap:

So we're down to two magnificent entries! :thumbup: This still doesn't make the choice any simpler! :crazy: I'll go ponder the two choices now... :think:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Son-of-a-Gunner, I appreciate your taking the trouble to keep TOTM going this month, despite sad happenings. I enjoy TOTM, never find it easy to vote, and always am eager to see anyone's entries. Let's have a ton of 'em in June...well, maybe even a couple of hundred tons.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Thank you Herr Dr. :)
One has to keep the TOTM running for its fans, no matter how few there are.
Also to keep the legacy that Mr Painless had accomplished against all odds, and to which Messrs Hugill and Rainford had added their personal touches to.
The TOTM belongs to every member who is interested, I'm just its guardian.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The TOTM owes its existence to the folks that enter, and the folks that look after it to make it happen along the way.
I'm just happy to be here in any capacity
Perhaps next month we could only allow entries from members that have never entered before ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Don't forget the voters Mr Bix, they are just as necessary to make the TOTM what it is :thumbup:

Hmmm, one month of new members only, that could be a good idea :think:

Return to “Tank of the Month”