May TOTM chat thread.

Moderator: TOTM Managers

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sat May 01, 2021 12:34 am

And here is the thread to chat about this month's TOTM, its submissions, or any questions you'd like to ask the submitters about their models.
This way we keep the submission thread tidy for ease of viewing the submissions during the eventual voting week, thank you.

You can find the submission thread here.
May TOTM submission thread. - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=203&t=31571
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Jimster » Mon May 03, 2021 5:01 am

That looks great, Mr. Bix! The tracks and wheels are especially stunningly realistic. Another inspiration is the weld lines.
Jimster
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Mon May 03, 2021 9:43 am

Thank you Mr HERMAN BIX for our first marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

Although it does look like it's suffering from the lockdown and in dire need of a barbers ;)
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby EAO » Wed May 05, 2021 12:31 am

Herman,

Love the look of that JT! The black and white photos are very realistic. I also like the rear deck, pintle mounted MG. Top notch as always! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Sergeant

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Thu May 06, 2021 11:38 am

Thank you Mr Tubby for our second marvellous submission :clap: :clap:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Tubby » Thu May 06, 2021 12:15 pm

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Thank you Mr Tubby for our second marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

Thank you very much.

I'd be quite happy to lose to Mr.Bix, his work and photography are quite excellent!
Last edited by Tubby on Mon May 10, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tubby
Recruit

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Thu May 06, 2021 12:25 pm

Tubby wrote:
Son of a gun-ner wrote:Thank you Mr Tubby for our second marvellous submission :clap: :clap:

Thank you very much.

I'd be quite happy to lose to Mr.Bix, his work and photography are quite excellent!

With that attitude and mindset you deserve extra thanks for entering. Thank you :clap: :clap:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Fri May 07, 2021 9:53 am

Thank you Mr Jnewboy for our third marvellous submission :clap: :clap:
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Sat May 08, 2021 3:02 pm

This is great! Tiger variations from Australia, the UK, and the US! I have so enjoyed reading RCTW postings from all around the world. You all do such great work.

I noticed our Californian's disclaimer: perhaps a good reminder, not needed all the time, but just once in a while for any casual viewers out there who may not understand modeling. Here's a little bit that surprised me. Some years ago, I stepped off the Amtrak running across the Southwestern US (yes, the train was stopped at the time). Looking up I saw a building with a frieze decorated with Schwastikas. Yikes! Later, my friends from New Mexico explained that the Schwastika was once a Native American symbol, long before it was associated with evil.
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sat May 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Hello prof.
I do believe the Schwastika was also an ancient Israeli symbol. There has been many variations over time within many cultures, but I believe they all had peaceful interpretations. Well, that is until a corporal got his clutches on it.

As for the TOTM entries submitted from around the globe (corners of the planet for flat Earthers). Yes, it is rather cool :thumbup:

Speaking of which, are there any more members that would like to add to our modest collection of submissions?
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby EAO » Sat May 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Man I'm a sucker for a good Tiger!

Tubby,
Very nice Tiger! I really like the hand done zimmerit! Great job and a little time consuming too!

Jnewboy,
You already know how I feel about your Kursk Tiger! Beautiful in a most brutish kind of way!

As always, decisions, decisions, decisions! :think:

Cheers,
Eric.
EAO
Sergeant

Postby Jnewboy » Mon May 10, 2021 5:31 am

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:This is great! Tiger variations from Australia, the UK, and the US! I have so enjoyed reading RCTW postings from all around the world. You all do such great work.

I noticed our Californian's disclaimer: perhaps a good reminder, not needed all the time, but just once in a while for any casual viewers out there who may not understand modeling. Here's a little bit that surprised me. Some years ago, I stepped off the Amtrak running across the Southwestern US (yes, the train was stopped at the time). Looking up I saw a building with a frieze decorated with Schwastikas. Yikes! Later, my friends from New Mexico explained that the Schwastika was once a Native American symbol, long before it was associated with evil.

We live in uncertain times and we cant assume much anymore. Once I would have figured anyone viewing my work would already understand and appreciate historical accuracy but I don't anymore. I also am sympathetic for those affected by hate in the past or present and I understand the swastika has been a lightning rod for it.
Jnewboy
Corporal

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Mon May 10, 2021 8:57 am

I would like to think most people that frequent this forum are mature enough in their thinking to fully appreciate that any use of Schwastikas within these virtual pages are purely for historical purposes.

Further to my earlier post on the subject, here are a few examples of how it was used around the world through the ages with no evil intent until Hitler stole it. He didn't even have the imagination to design his own symbol.
Attachments
20210510_082841.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-085134.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-085219.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-085251.jpg
Screenshot_20210510-085326.jpg
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby HERMAN BIX » Mon May 10, 2021 9:48 am

I would also make a reasonable assumption that all who visit here have an understanding of the use of these scale flags is no more than a representation of historical fact, rather than any form of leaning.
I too however have felt the moral need to issue warning about one I used(Panzer IV Malta)
I feel that it is only fair to at least offer fair warning to some that may be far more directly linked or affected by some images, regardless of their intent, and be negatively impacted by that.

Lets let it go now eh, and allow common sense & intelligence to prevail....................
HERMAN BIX
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Wed May 12, 2021 2:55 am

Why, Son of a Gunner: thank you for the interesting images about the decorative uses of the Schwastika from centuries upon centuries ago. You have added another to a number of things I have learned from the eclectic interests here in RCTW. What a treat!
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Return to Tank of the Month