RC 1/16 GTK Boxer A1 8x8 Armoured Fighting Vehicle - Build

lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Re: RC 1/16 GTK Boxer A1 8x8 Armoured Fighting Vehicle - Bui

Post by lmcq11 »

Hitch a ride on the GTK Boxer for a backyard and garden inspection tour. I told my wife i did found a couple of issues here and there after a day of heavy rain. And of course, those 3D printed front mirrors did not last 30 seconds in the field.

phpBB [video]
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Short post to show the evolution from the German 6X6 TPZ-1 A8 to the 8x8 GTK Boxer. Its obvious; Bigger, Stronger, Faster

I can confirm that as an 1/16 RC vehicle, an 8x8 makes a big difference.

For those who are looking for an RC vehicle to drive outside on the grass or any hard, wet surface other than mud and sliding sands, a wheeled vehicle is a lot simpler and more fun to operate than any tracked vehicle. All the armies in the world came up to the same conclusion.
RC 1/16 GTK Boxer 8x8 Armoured Fighting Vehicle - Build
Last edited by lmcq11 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
inger
Recruit

Post by inger »

This is a really nice build! I think the scaled interior photo is truly inspired. The final result is fantastic. Well done.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Thank you Inger. Yeah, the picture is the best interior I could do on this model. I usually recreate full interiors when it’s an APC with large access door (m-113s, Marder 1A1, BMP-1) but the Boxer interior was deemed to complicated at the planning stage. It also allowed me a lot more freedom for the gearbox arrangement inside.

This build was complicated, it’s more fun now to operate it. I can drive this wheeled vehicles in the backyard without leaving a path of devastation on the lawn behind like my Centurion did. I can imagine that you might have issues running your heavy 1/10 Leopard 2A4 CAN in the backyard without ransacking the place.
Snipermadrid
Recruit

Post by Snipermadrid »

Sorry Antonio, i was doing field trials. I was expecting to have to do heavy maintenance after an hour in the field but the Boxer is really working well. As you can see, the Blue axles are really deep in the hull, no way to get to them unless the whole electronic package and gearboxes are removed. If you are planning on doing the same thing, you need to position and fix the four gearboxes first. The length of the blue axles really need to be finetuned with a metal hand file to get to the perfect setup, one micro millimetre at a time until you feel the gearbox is running optimally, firm but also loose. Let me know if i can provide easier calculations, its too late for the blue axles.

Ok, thanks so much that no problem.
If when you start perfom the check of model remember the size of axles please
Thank you.

Return to “Modern Builds”