OK, this has got to STOP!!!

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

OK, this has got to STOP!!!

Post by BarryC »

With the help of Andrew at Haya I've just completed the purchase of his Chieftain along with some upgrade items. Enough is Enough, this has to stop! :haha:

I say that because my spending cost me "nearly" equal an amount in Gold Jewelry for my better half.
Well hell its will be our 43 Anniversary at the end of the month so she is like a "sea anchor" she lets me drift but keeps me from drifting too far. ;)

Like the Centurion I've always like the Chieftain, I believe it goes back to the Tamiya 1/25, kits super cool kits! IMHO the two best looking British designed tanks. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: OK, this has got to STOP!!!

Post by Max-U52 »

Just gold? You're lucky and have an understanding wife. Some guys have to pay for their tanks in diamonds. @) @) :haha: :haha:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Max-U52 wrote:Just gold? You're lucky and have an understanding wife. Some guys have to pay for their tanks in diamonds. @) @) :haha: :haha:
As a modeler from the date we met she knew what she was getting, not necessarily how expensive but, I've bought my share of diamonds as well!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

i think i convinced my wife these models are in fact investments. I did sell a few items at a profit as proof. Storage is an issue though. The only time she was really mad at me was when the box of the Dragon 1/6 Sherman entered the house. I should have pre-approved that one.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening,
I have already mentioned to the Spouse who to contact if anything untoward happens to me. With all the time and work gone by, they should get a little recompense for the money I spent building them. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

They are not necessarily monetary investments for me, but they are an investment in my sanity... :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If the lady who fills my heart with joy ever discovered how much I had spent over the years on my hobby and how little if any financial return there would be when my estate was put up for sale I would almost certainly be living in a tent on the common. :thumbdown:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

BarryC wrote:With the help of Andrew at Haya I've just completed the purchase of his Chieftain along with some upgrade items. Enough is Enough, this has to stop! :haha:

I say that because my spending cost me "nearly" equal an amount in Gold Jewelry for my better half.
Well hell its will be our 43 Anniversary at the end of the month so she is like a "sea anchor" she lets me drift but keeps me from drifting too far. ;)

Like the Centurion I've always like the Chieftain, I believe it goes back to the Tamiya 1/25, kits super cool kits! IMHO the two best looking British designed tanks. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
Barry, I completely agree! Our hobby is expensive; I‘d love to spend more money for ... and of course the Centurion (an Chietain) is the best looking british tank ever! :thumbup:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

What's needed is a tower, or wing to the house, occupied by a 'Madwoman'- like the secret Mrs Rochester :crazy: in 'Jane Eyre' :shh: In reality, of course, it will be brimful of tracked RC boys-toys :D

I took the precaution of getting a divorce some 20 years ago (tho' we're still friends- having met at Uni 50 years ago :O :shh: )- and then investing in a part-time partner who lives 600 miles away; but on visits here, she kindly 'overlooks' my studio and tank eccentricities, when feted with good living; a view to die for; and the freshest air on the Planet. :D Oh, yes, and the occasional exotic shrub ;) Sod the diamonds- I'm a Highlander :lolno:

Good choice, Barry!! After, let's say, an inauspicious start Andrew Haya has really put his money where his mouse is, and become a real entrepreneur. :clap:
I think he should be applauded for producing that amazing Chieftain, and more besides...
Doubtless, you will also be applauded when you give it the characteristic- and unique- Barry refinements. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Modern Builds”