Re: Object 279 - a machine designed for nuclear war

Post by jhamm »

Callenger-57 wrote:Hello,

Awesome Tank!

Are all four chains driven?

Regards,

Frank
Hello Frank,
there's a remarkable wealth of knowledge here on RC Tank Warfare, so there should be no problem getting you some help. But for starters, bop on over to the "Introduce Yourself " section (viewforum.php?f=42) and give us an idea of what modeling and RC experience you have. Even if you haven't any, that just puts you in the league with many of us. After you do the introduction, you'll likely find advice galore and probably start a bit of good-natured fun, too.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

And to answer your question...yes they were all driven.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

tankme wrote:And to answer your question...yes they were all driven.
Do you mean the model here in question, or a real one?
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Challenger75
Recruit

Post by Challenger75 »

Hi there,

Excuse me please. I had to register again today because I wrote down my password incorrectly and couldn't get into my old Callenger-75 account.

I mean does the 1:16 RC model have all 4 chains driven and does each transmission have a differential?
So the model tank in 1:16 can turn on the spot?

Has the tank already been sold?

Greeting,

Frank
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
tankme wrote:And to answer your question...yes they were all driven.
Do you mean the model here in question, or a real one?
Both.
Challenger75 wrote: I mean does the 1:16 RC model have all 4 chains driven and does each transmission have a differential?
So the model tank in 1:16 can turn on the spot?

Has the tank already been sold?
You can take a look a the previous posts and see how the dual two speed gearboxes are mounted. Each gearbox powers two tracks (so the left one for the left tracks and the right for the right tracks). I would think it would be able to do a neutral turn although the real one probably couldn't from seeing the video of it drive. It was severely underpowered it seemed. Plus the tracks slipped a lot when driven on concrete. I would assume that is from the low ground pressure due to the combined track width.

The builder did state it had been sold already. He had plans to build two of them, but after building the first one he wasn't motivated to build a second. The 3D printer files are also not for sale as they had lots of fitment/design issues.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Challenger75
Recruit

Post by Challenger75 »

Hi there,

I think this RC tank looks very professional and detailed in the photos. The color finishing is also very good.
The builder of this Rc Object279 did a really good job! The model is really scale in my opinion. All details and attachments appear to be present. Building this difficult tank as a full option 1:16 RC model was a masterpiece! The buyer must be a lucky man if he has this unique Rc Tank in his showcase.

Greeting,

Frank
Challenger75
Recruit

Post by Challenger75 »

Hello,

Please allow me one more question for the builder of the RC Object279 1:16. Is the used RC 3D print thermoplastic plastic, from which the tank is made, resistant to aging? Can the RC tank live up to 20 years without the plastic decomposing? So in the closet without direct sunlight I mean.
Attachments
Object279...jpg
Object279...jpg (81.05 KiB) Viewed 1019 times

Return to “Modern Builds”