Object 279 - a machine designed for nuclear war

Exzitus
Recruit

Re: Object 279 - a machine designed for nuclear war

Post by Exzitus »

02.02.2017, 05:04

The work is moving. Not so fast. A lot of drawing work, a lot of printing, and a lot of post-processing of parts.

The geometry of the model honestly is very complex.

The mechanics will be unusual, but more on that later.

Some photos:
Attachments
IMG-20170202-WA0008 2.jpg
IMG-20170202-WA0006 2.jpg
DSC_2044 2.jpg
Exzitus
Recruit

Post by Exzitus »

07.02.2017, 18:37

"Quote Message from HAL View message
I will raise it, when will I wait for updates?"

In a day or two. Finishing the last quarter and a half of the spar. Printing each such element takes about 8-10 hours. Then both spars will be installed in the body on bolts through spacers (by the way, they must also be made) and there will be a report on the work.

I print with a thickness of 0.1 mm and at the edge speed of 30 mm/s because the printer is necessary for THAT. For a year and a half, the bearings play hard and that there are no defects, the speed is small.

09.02.2017, 03:26

So, the spars are installed. They are currently attached to five bolts each. When the gearbox is ready and it becomes approximately clear how to place all the electronics, the spars will be finally fixed. Now they are hanging together with the entire bottom. There is no hurry, or you will have to redo it.

I will put the chassis when the bearings come, and there is a real pile of them needed. The chassis needs 64 bearings.

The current design weighs 644 grams.

As promised a photo report on the work done:
Attachments
DSC_2056 2.jpg
DSC_2055 2.jpg
DSC_2054 2.jpg
DSC_2053 2.jpg
DSC_2052 2.jpg
DSC_2051 2.jpg
DSC_2050 2.jpg
DSC_2049 2.jpg
DSC_2048 2.jpg
DSC_2047 2.jpg
Exzitus
Recruit

Post by Exzitus »

09.02.2017, 17:26

"Message from 239006 View message
This is a great thing)
The question appeared: do you scan the 35th model or do you model it yourself?"

I model it myself. It's a long time, though. Some things of the model in 35 m scale do not correspond to reality-I rule as I go.

Now I'm trying to model a tower. What a problem... There are almost no flat faces on it, and the geometry lines do not lie in the same planes. The tower is also not completely symmetrical.

24.03.2017, 15:39

"Quote Message from HAL View message
Andrei, you take a picture of the process?
To post later?"

Yeah. However, most of the solutions in terms of running navryatli someone will come in handy. It is very specific on this tank.

But a two stage box on each motor and a rollback on the bearings may appeal to someone

P.S. The inside of the gearbox is not a photo.
P. P. S. the report will be after the HE or a day or two before it. I haven't decided yet.
Exzitus
Recruit

Post by Exzitus »

06.12.2017, 17:04

Good day dear readers!

It has been more than 8 months since the last publication. It's time to put an end to this project.

Unfortunately, the phone, which had photos of the process, three weeks ago refused to work, and with it was lost all the information from the flash drive, which stood in it. A large number of photos were lost... So I can only describe it in words.

Photos with HE are in the subject http://www.d-i-m.su/forum/showthread.php?t=5778&page=4 post #33. By that time, the tank was functional, but without a combat system and sound. The control Board, remote, receiver and battery were lent by mad Max (special thanks to Him for all possible help in the whole project!).
At the exhibition, the model behaved quite adequately and rolled back all three days without incident. It appeared on several videos from the exhibition.
The 2-speed box proved to be the best! If a straight line tank has a decent speed in 2nd gear, then on the 1st it becomes obedient to complex maneuvers and easily passes any obstacles.

After HE came to finally pay TK-60 with a stabilizer and Anton was bought borrowed for a while remote control with a receiver. However, 6 channels were not enough to control the tank. It needed a minimum of 9 channels. A 10-channel receiver was ordered for Ali. In parallel, a used Picaso Designer PRO250 printer was purchased with almost no mileage. Expensive toy, still green smothers...

In parallel, work was underway on the line-up of the podbashennaya part of the tank to install a 24-pin slip ring. Then I thought to put a hidden FPV (at the moment I got sick of this idea and this system is not in the plans yet). Several versions were reprinted. Since the stabilizer of the gun has strict requirements for the length of the wires, it was decided to put the control Board on the top of the tank.

In the summer, I took a short vacation and did almost nothing on the object. However, there were other projects that were less global. By the way, then a new rollback was developed with a large stroke for servos. A modification of this rollback later replaced the one that stood on the tank during the HE.

Autumn has come, new stages of the competition, there is more free time. The work was resumed with the same enthusiasm!
All the little things were done. On all sorts of small things took time sometimes more than on any major elements!

After the exhibition, the object participated in several competitions. Unfortunately, in the battles, little was achieved due to a poorly made combat system, and on trials with its dimensions, it is also not easy - the width is almost 27 cm.

I decided to paint it myself. It was just interesting to do it yourself. Whether it worked or not, you can write in the comments. In my defense, I will say that this is the first experience.

Photos of the finished model:
Attachments
IMG-20171206-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20171206-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20171206-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20171206-WA0005.jpg (94.33 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
IMG-20171206-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20171206-WA0006.jpg (88.67 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
IMG-20171206-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20171206-WA0008.jpg (81.05 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
IMG-20171206-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20171206-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20171206-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20171206-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20171206-WA0003.jpg
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

That looks brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there any chance of you making the stl’s available?
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exzitus
Recruit

Post by Exzitus »

This model is very complex.
A lot of non-repairable subassemblies (glued without the possibility of removal). Other mounting methods were not suitable.
Many details were not obtained from the first attempts. Some of the details were random :)
A lot of manual work.
All surfaces are treated with putty. In many places, this putty fixed modeling problems, before I did not have enough experience in creating complex surface models.
A lot of things were missed during the simulation and problems were solved using manual improvements. A lot of details are made by hand.
Over the past time, a lot of new ideas have come and the model itself can be reworked in the direction of better characteristics (for example, the installation of a 3-speed gearbox, which was less than standing with two speeds). The model requires many other improvements.

Later, I sold the model because I needed money. In the version for sale, the model still got metal tracks, which were specially cast by Attila Szabó from Hungary. I hope the model pleases the owner.

Initially, I planned to build 2 models of this tank - as a sign of respect for this machine. The fact is that in reality, only 2 such tanks were assembled. But after making one and realizing how much work it takes to create another, I decided to postpone it until better times.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

There is alot of work in that for sure and it has turned out great
Very good indeed
For sure you should build another, very unique and interesting piece
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

I do not know how it is possible but I had missed the construction of this tank! It is really wonderfull!!!
You really need to make a second version ::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
How is working your two speed gearbox?
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

Most impressive!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
Callenger-57
Recruit

Post by Callenger-57 »

Hello,

Awesome Tank!

Are all four chains driven?

Regards,

Frank

Return to “Modern Builds”