British FV432/30 Bull dog

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: British FV432/30 Bull dog

Post by BarryC »

Sub,

You sir are doing some amazing modeling, this level of detail IMO is quite necessary in this scale. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Funny you should mention that actually jimster as I have found a chap on eBay based in Germany that makes the Maybach engine but it’s almost £60
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Great info but as a friendly recommended suggestion is to support our very own vendor WCP Models when possible. They produce a very excellent version of the Tiger’s Maybach at a very reasonable price and it’s a hefty, solidly built product. Not to mention how pleasant they are to do business with. I have one right now that’s in the process of being painted and detailed for a future display diorama.
But definitely keep the suggestions and options coming my friend.
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Yes I would naturally promote our own, though not including the engine his range is quite extensive. Though expensive on some
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Mr Brute.
You are quite correct in what you said, I did it just because it could be seen with the door open, not neccesary i know... but that's just ME knowing it was a huge hole of nothingness and things like that bug me on my models.
Sub.
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi.
Thank you Barry for your kind comments, coming from you Sir, i take that as a compliment.
Regards.
Sub.
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Just finished a job that i had been leaving until i was nearly done with the outside and that was as i said in a much earlier post was to modify the wheels, the wheels i chose to use were fairly near the ones fitted to the original vehicle BUT they did not have the mud holes cut into them, 8 holes per wheel x 12 wheels inc the idlers so i finally marked them out and cut the hole in the rims all 96 of them with my speed adjustable mini drill, i had to get the speed just right so the cutting bit didnt grab and run but cut the hole gently and not too fast as to melt the wheel rim and make the hole huge, practiced on a scrap wheel first and made the mistakes there to get the speed right plus the angle of the drill to get the hole in the right place on the angled wheel rim whilst going over the center wheel hub boss. I had to elongate the holes slightly on the horizontal axis to get them to look ok, think they came out fine.
A few pics of them plus one with the before and after
They now look much more like the real wheels.
Sub
Attachments
20200826_164529_resized_1.jpg
20200825_152929_resized.jpg
20200824_220843_resized.jpg
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

That’s some serious attention to detail. Something I would never have thought of. They look like they were originally bull dog wheels?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Good eye Mr Sub, are you now going to convert this into some sort of replica German tank as so may of these have been over the years !!
Even some armour museums have replica tanks using these chassis !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Sub
Sergeant

Post by Sub »

Hi Mr Bix,
This ones a keeper i think, you just don't see many IFV's.
Regards.
Sub.

Return to “Modern Builds”