1/11 Scratch built m1a2 abrams MBT

Mathewloki
Recruit

Re: 1/11 Scratch built m1a2 abrams MBT

Post by Mathewloki »

I went the route of splitting my model and 3d printing it it will take just under 100 hours of print time for the hull but I guess I'm not in any rush

The bearings are just for to ensure they fit I will remove them once the hull.os complete and sand it down to remove the lines ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

Update, the tank hull is now complete, printing of the road arms, internal arms and the suspension bracket will now start ImageImageImage

if you can model it you can print it
Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

So I had made an error when putting the suspension brackets in. they were on the opposite sides l. I had glued them in unpon realisation it was too late, and I had to go ahead and reprint the hull. I'm close to a rolling hull at this point but still have to complete the second track. the metal rods have arrived and so has all the bearings for the road arms, the suspension ball joints also came, so its pretty much assembly left to do,and the mounting of the gearboxes. photos will follow soon

if you can model it you can print it
Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

I know it’s been a while but this is the current progress I’m trying to figure out a method for the front wheel that would allow it to rotate outwards to take up any slack if the tank was to compress all other wheels, I would think it’s highly unlikely because of 2 reasons, the tension of the main wheels are a bit overkill and the travel of the wheels isn’t that great, out of curiosity does anyone know how many track sections per track there might be I’m currently at 78 to go around all wheels and sprocket I don’t know if this is too much or too little

EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Mathewloki,

Crazy, impressive stuff! The whole idea of 3D printing alludes me! :/ Very cool though! That's a very impressive looking motor/tranny setup. Looks very robust! Carry on! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Mathewloki
Recruit

Post by Mathewloki »

I know I haven’t updated here in a while but I am finally back, mostly with good news so I’ve managed to have a rolling hull, however designing the (upper hull) along with the (side skirts) are proving overwhelming and hard challenge I’m trying to break it down into the individual base structures and do through it slowly for reference I’ve decided to go with a tamiya kit the M1A2 SEP abrams tusk II,

Return to “Modern Builds”