Taigen Leopard/ 2A7+

Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Taigen Leopard/ 2A7+

Post by Jimster »

Happy New Year! I was able to get all my electronics installed by the stroke of midnight and am I ever glad. I installed my TK80 SW G2 with an awesome slip ring that has 4 thick motor wires and 12 smaller wires. Just enough to mount my board in the turret. Everything works perfectly: deck lift, reloading position for main gun, most awesome slow speed motor control and beautiful sound. I still need to solder and install the GBS unit but it’s almost 1 a.m. and I’m beat. Of course I have to clean up the wiring and mount things in proper places as well. Then I’ll mount the FLW 200 and wire it up to function. Thanks for checking in and I’ll post a video when all is said and done.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Superb conversion, well managed. I also like the camo.

What weapon are you going to mount on the FLW 200 ? Although it is technically possible to give a gun flash to an M2 machine gun by replacing the barrel with a copper tube, installing a resin 40mm automatic grenade launcher from AFV-Model is an option. I purchased one for an upcoming build that will also feature a FLW200 station from Christian Ludwig.

https://afv-model.com/912/Waffen-Granatmaschinenwaffe
GrMaWa 40mm grenade launcher
GrMaWa 40mm grenade launcher
Capture36.JPG (77.45 KiB) Viewed 3091 times
Regards, Louis
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thanks!
I’m using a Mato metal .50 cal on a DKLM FLW-200 unit. I’m not going to add any LED light but I have the servos to add rotation and elevation. Should be a fun and possibly frustrating project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Looking forward to seeing the .50 cal setup , if i ever get a Hetzer with its remote MG i will be taking notes from this build :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

These Leo’s look like Robocop with his helmet off when the turret is open !!
Bet your glad you have this tank hobby eh, or you’d be running in traffic at 0100hrs babbling incoherently :haha:
Umm no that’s BECAUSE you have this tank hobby :eh:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Very true! I do my incoherent babbling at my workbench nowadays. I only have two tanks and they’ve both turned into rabbit holes. Three shots of whiskey and some micro and nano servos keeps me at home and happy! I haven’t touched my model railroad in over a year.
And while I’m feeling talkative, I want to thank everyone who has given me advice and encouragement to carry on. You all know who you are. One more shot, neat of course.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Things are going well so far. I have the FLW-200 installed but I’m not sure how to hook up the servos to my FS i6s transmitter.
I have to apologize to our German members but I just had to pay homage to the Abteilung 502 heavy panzer battalion. The most awesome and successful armor unit of WW2. The Wooly Mammoth is proudly displayed on my initial Production Tiger and I felt compelled to include it on my Leopard 2A7+. No offense meant, just respect. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

That looks great bud. Really impressive.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Thank you. It’s been a fun project so far and I look forward to getting the GBS installed but after this I think I will stick with WW2 armor.
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

The GBS will really be epic. I've yet to venture into modern builds.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV

Return to “Modern Builds”