Taigen Leopard/ 2A7+

Jimster
Lieutenant

Taigen Leopard/ 2A7+

Post by Jimster »

Came home to a cat on my doorstep. Not the orange fellow but the leopard in the box. Shout out to Erick and the crew at IMEX here in the USA.
Full metal upgrades of course with awesome 390 motors and steel, ball bearing 4:1 gears. I’ve already ordered the DKLM Leopard 2A7+ kit and I’m in the process of getting a Clark TK-60 board with all the bells and whistles including the awesome GBS. The tank comes with the Taigen V3 board but once you’ve had a Clark board, nothing less will satisfy. I’m not attempting to replicate an exact prototype but will represent an urban style camouflage look. I will post photos as the upgrades happen.
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Taigen Leopard/ 2A7+

Post by Jimster »

I just realized that this should be in the Modern Build section. Oops.
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

Either way. Very impressive looking Leopard. I'm not totally in the know, what does the DKLM kit do for the model?
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Upgrades it to a 2A7+ with extra side hull and turret armor, extra front armor and the remote control 50 cal machine gun on top called the FLW 200 which will actually rotate and elevate with micro and nano servos. These changes were made to resist rpg attacks and improve urban combat capabilities. Some of them even have bulldozer blades mounted for clearing rubble etc. I’ve been reading up on the 2A7+ online and it just intrigued me. I especially like some of the urban camouflage I’ve seen on them.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’m just getting a start on this Leopard as I’m still waiting for the 2A7 conversion kit to arrive which could be tomorrow. I’m going to mount the Clark board inside the turret so I need to figure out how to utilize a slip ring big enough to accept the bigger diameter power and motor wires. My tank came with a 13 wire slip ring but the wires are probably too small to carry the motor and battery power. I need to see a write up on how to do this.
Anyhoos, here’s the camouflage scheme I’m going with. I’ve shamelessly stolen it from a photo on the internet. The pics are on the following post.

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

ImageImage

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Yay! The conversion kit arrived today and it’s all high quality heavy duty 3D printed parts. Very hefty and finely detailed. My photos don’t do it justice at all.
Here’s a pic of the kit and another pic of the instructions, tips and assembly suggestions with adhesive recommendations. ImageImage

BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

First pic does not say much for the kit! :D

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I know. Especially for $237.00. I’ll get it figured out eventually but it would be courteous to include some printed material for skill challenged modelers like me. Maybe I’m just grumpy from yesterday’s root canal!!!
yan33
Private

Post by yan33 »

hello
when you write to them, they answer you immediately with attached a very detailed and very impressive notice
but you must write them

Return to “Modern Builds”