Taigen Leopard/ 2A7+

43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Taigen Leopard/ 2A7+

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Things are going well so far. I have the FLW-200 installed but I’m not sure how to hook up the servos to my FS i6s transmitter.
I have to apologize to our German members but I just had to pay homage to the Abteilung 502 heavy panzer battalion. The most awesome and successful armor unit of WW2. The Wooly Mammoth is proudly displayed on my initial Production Tiger and I felt compelled to include it on my Leopard 2A7+. No offense meant, just respect. ImageImage

A Very impressive, and accomplished project- aided by some tasteful iPhone pics! ( I had lots of photo fun the iPhone six camera, and loved it- I like the 8 plus even more now :thumbup: )
Here's a personal historical footnote. That unit, when it was the 102nd SS schwere Panzer Abteilung, was engaged in trying to maul the 43rd Wessex Division at Caen and at the notorious Hill 112. My Dad's recce unit was the spearhead of that Wessex Division, when it suppered heavy casualties. In the end, the SS armoured divisions also suffered heavy losses. The 102nd, in particular. Thereafter, (having been almost totally destroyed), it morphed into the SS schwere Panzer 502 Abteilung.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Just realised that you're referring to the Schwere Panzer Abteilung 502 (part of the Heer/Wehrmacht), not the SS unit with a similar Panzer designation. Sorry about that, but the project praise was no mistake :thumbup: :D
As an incidental, here the Wiki account of the full-on encounter I mentioned.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Jupiter_(1944)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’ve got the FLW-200 operational using channels 9 and 10 for rotation and elevation. I have to be careful using the vrA and vrB self centering switches on my FS-i6s transmitter using a very light touch. It has some drawbacks but is very usable so I’ll leave well enough alone. I also have the flashing orange light working. I’m still waiting on some more detail parts then I’ll post a victory video.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Added the 2A7+ upgraded right rear corner. The vents look great and a big thanks to Christian Ludwig for the excellent parts. The doors can be made to open and close. I have several projects going at once so progress can be slow. Thanks for checking in. Oops! There’s a fingerprint. I’ll fix that.

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Made a little more headway. Last night I added the special optic box situated between the headlights and tonight I added the rear brackets that will hold the tow bars. The latches on these brackets are actually functional. Thanks again to Christian Ludwig for his fine kits. Tow cables are not used on this particular tank. I’m using brass tube to make the two tow bars.
ImageImage

Return to “Modern Builds”