AMX 50 120 surbaissé

MITCH
Lance Corporal

Re: AMX 50 120 surbaissé

Post by MITCH »

lmcq11 wrote:oh I like those ball bearing rollers for the turret rotation. I got to have these on my next heavy build.
It is a simple system to set up and easy to center. thank you
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Hello everyone, concerning the gunner cupola, wanting to fix the hook that keeps the cover in the open position, I broke it… suddenly, I completely reprinted it with a 0.2 mm nozzle .
It does not dispense with sanding and there is still a bit to do, but the rendering improves, I took the opportunity to put false bolts that I did not have on the previous version.

After various attempts and unsuccessful attempts, I ended up opting for the simplest solution for raising the turret ... It is not yet super fluid, but I will work on it! Here is the first successful test in video:

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctjxFlE ... e=youtu.be

Containment will have had at least that good, we find a little more time for our projects! ;D
Soeren
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Soeren »

He MITCH, that is an amazing model. Did they actually build one for real? The proportions look a bit off with this big turret and gun. How did you do the elevation mechanism on this one?
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Hi Soeren, the lowered AMX 50 120 is a project that only existed in the prototype state. I decided to make it at 1/16 as soon as I saw it at the armored museum in Saumur :angel:

And this is the elevation mechanism:
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

For the wheels, the printed plastic version didn't satisfy me, going through the compulsory turning box ... 18 identical wheels, that is, how to say? ... Long and repetitive, but I'm almost there! I will have a sprocket to print and the idler to redo, and I can put it on its tracks. I also made the conductive episcopes.

The seat of the tank is wrong because for the moment, the inner wheel axles extend beyond the lower hull and interfere with the suspension travel.
But the amx should be able to make its first track laps in a short time ... I hope! :wave:
Zabretooth
Recruit

Post by Zabretooth »

That is a fantastic looking build, French tanks are so grossly under-represented in the hobby world, especially the post war designs. Look forward to seeing more
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Thank you Zabretooth ;) I like tanks in general but I prefer the French, Russian and American versions to the German versions of the Second World War
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Hello everyone :wave: (06) The AMX 50 is starting to enter the home stretch. I received the Flex filament for the wheel treads, good surprise, it is very easy to print, flexible and very solid, and the end result should be very nice once a little sanding is done to lose the shiny appearance.
I also received the Elmod board and I was able to proceed with the test of the motor unit (with no charge) which seems to work perfectly with a VERY reduced noise level, which should be imperceptible with the speaker ... In short, only happiness, I take my time but the AMX should be able to make its first track laps in a short time (I still have to modify the tension rollers to be able to finalize the mounting of the undercarriage). Make room for photos:

I look forward to showing you the rest
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Love this build , lots of pics showing progress . The gearbox who sells them , almost looks perfect for my clutch/one motor Tamiya KT to upgrade the drive system.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Okay, first major change: the radio! I am massively increasing the number of channels (I go to 16) with the latest generation Taranis X9D +. Great radio with a lot of possibilities.

Then, I finished fixing the gears on the sprocket axles, which led me to put the gearbox in place and do the first rolling tests. There will be some improvements to be made, a little deformation of the track, some adjustments in the pinion, but already, it works pretty well, I'm happy.

A little video with and without sound to realize the noise of the box which remains super discreet:

phpBB [video]

Return to “Modern Builds”