AMX 50 120 surbaissé

MITCH
Lance Corporal

Re: AMX 50 120 surbaissé

Post by MITCH »

The AMX50 continues to advance even if I post little ... After a long wait, I received pulleys mounted on bearings that allow me to make the return rollers, so I printed in ABS supports to be fixed to the hull and flex filament bandages for these. The inside of the wheels has been drawn in 3D for a long time, it remained to be printed with enough detail, so resin printing. Luckily, my friend Yan has one and he kindly gave me the impressions. The rendering is so great on the first two copies that I fell for it, and ordered the Anycubic Photon Mono X ... but we'll have to wait probably a long time yet ... that's okay, sometimes you have to know how to be patient! When fitting the mudguards, I realized that I had made a mistake in length, so I decided to cut them off and redo the end part. I have no plans to articulate the mudguards in any way, but I will report the missing parts later.
The wiring part between the turret (where almost all the electronics will be located) and the chassis remains to be done in full, but the final visual begins to emerge ... Make way for the photos:

That's it for the moment ...
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Hi everyone!
The project is not at a standstill even though I haven't posted anything for a long time ...
I had a lick of French green paint, put on the headlights, redone the front junction (too coarse) between the upper and lower hull, and I am doing the taillights and those of the mudguards. I hesitated, but eventually they will be functional too.
Make way for photos:

c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Really nice piece

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Thank you c.rainford ;)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Very unique and superbly carried out too.
Loads of innovative ideas going on :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Thank you very much Herman :thumbup:
The end is approaching and I am resuming certain finishes that I did not like too much ...
I continued the manufacture of the fender lights and their protective cage, my life is a little more complicated but they will be functional!
I think I managed to untwist the tracks which had twisted slightly while heating during the removal of one of the teeth with the Dremel.
I put in place the rear light protection, one of the two lights is finished with 2 micro-leds inside, the other is in progress ...

The next set of photos will be on the finished tank before painting ... That's all for now! :wave:
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

It's a very cool build. I wish there were more odd tanks available for sale.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

A truly rare and unique model.
Well done! :clap:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

From beginning to end, a worthy and inspiring project :clap: I'd be proud, if I were you. :D :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Modern Builds”