Chieftain mk5

tomhugill
Captain

Re: Chieftain mk5

Post by tomhugill »

Yeah I might give it a go, I'm pretty happy as is but always open to improvements

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Some more small progress on my chieftain, tonight I got the headlights fitted.

I used nano warm white SMS LEDs for the outer lights and then the opaque ones for the IR lamps as they're painted black anyway.

Also added some bolt detail to the fender supports. Hopefully once the elefant is done I can get back to the slow process of detailing this.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Thanks to the good Dr Phibes my chieftains now becoming a mk10. The printed parts are absolutely fantastic. There were a couple of adjustments needed as the dimentions of my chieftain are slightly different to the haya. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

square4
Lance Corporal

Post by square4 »

Great looking and some great work being done. :thumbup:
I never finish anyth
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Today I've had the clay out to make the stillbrew armour. Hopefully once dried I can sand and fitness this some, however I'm really pleased with how it is so far. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

A little more progress on the cheiftain mk10. I've done some tidying on the still brew, it's pretty much where it needs to be now I think. I've also added the smoke launchers. These were taken from a tamiya Abrams with some alterations ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Tom, the Stillbrew is looking spot-on :thumbup: I see you got on top of that cut-away for the searchlight/TOGs on the left hand side really well too.

Considering where you started (it strikes me as a very difficult build/upgrade) this is a consistently high standard of simply amazing work. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Following along of course, and looking forward to your future developments for sure!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Dr Phibes wrote:Tom, the Stillbrew is looking spot-on Image I see you got on top of that cut-away for the searchlight/TOGs on the left hand side really well too.

Considering where you started (it strikes me as a very difficult build/upgrade) this is a consistently high standard of simply amazing work. Image Image
Following along of course, and looking forward to your future developments for sure!
I literally couldn't have done it without you!

Massive thanks for the helpful hints on doing the stillbrew, gave me the shove I needed to just get on with it.

Still a lot of details to go but it feels like it's going in the right direction now and I don't have too many major obstacles to getting it to a point where it can be painted

Return to “Modern Builds”