1/16th scale M1A1

Niall
Recruit

1/16th scale M1A1

Post by Niall »

I'm improving and converting an unknown make M1A1 from 27mHz to 2.4gig for a mate.
Cosmetically this involved repairing a broken 120mm gun barrel, replacing the inacurate spare wheel with a correctly detailed cover on the turret roof, correcting and redetailing the commander's cupola and making some stowage items.
The stowage items includes 4 home cast small ALICE packs, 4 sleep mats made from 2mm foam sheet and so home printed MRE boxes. These are just set on the turret at the moment.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1/16th scale M1A1

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
You have yourself a HobbyLink M1 there. Very good start on reconfiguring it for accuracy! If you check in the subforums here from years back, you can find notes and pics from Ian \ Tankbears extensive rebuilds of this brand of tank. My first tank was one of these bought used on EBay for 69.00 U.S. I ran it for years with no issues until the tracks wore out and a gear in the turret turn mechanism lost a tooth. I bought a new gearbox online and Ian sold me new tracks and I gifted the tank to a Friend who is still enjoying it in stock form. Enjoy yours!
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Golden Oldy
Golden Oldy
...Here for the Dawn...
Niall
Recruit

Post by Niall »

A photo of a resin casting of a sleeping bag to add to the stowage.
Niall
Recruit

Post by Niall »

A photo of a quick trial fit of the stowage -
Niall
Recruit

Post by Niall »

I've just added a flashing light to the model. The light is a flashing orange LED, with the body of the LED painted with Tamiya transparent orange. This was mounted on 3.5mm speaker pin, with a socket from an old TV set. The socket is wired to the smoke circuit on the RX18 unit. The picture below is a still from a short video, I can't see how to upload this as a video from flikr.

tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

As a suggestion from a person who has rucked and slept on those foam sleep mats...make sure they are tied down when you finish arranging your stowage. They were quite light and would blow off your vehicle if not tied down or jammed in between other gear. :)
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Modern Builds”