M41 Gorilla

c.rainford73
Major

Re: M41 Gorilla

Post by c.rainford73 »

I know you're quite an inventive and accomplished builder Mr Wibbly... Has anyone taken on a fully functional flail tank like a Sherman or a Churchill?

That would be very cool
Tanks alot.... :wave:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

c.rainford73 wrote:I know you're quite an inventive and accomplished builder Mr Wibbly... Has anyone taken on a fully functional flail tank like a Sherman or a Churchill?

That would be very coolImage
I thought I remembered someone, perhaps Frankie doing one.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Of course Frankie has built one already... The master of the Sherman tankImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

Love it, Rob! You've managed something that's not just unique and interesting, but looks great too. Looking forward to your next build.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Mudguards now done, and painted, I think it's just the rear lights and a couple of boxes to do now. I have new gearboxes and tracks on order from AliExpress, so no idea when they will arrive.
Attachments
IMG_20170704_092414.jpg
IMG_20170704_092429.jpg
IMG_20170704_092450.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Absolutely brilliant build Rob, I've been watching this whenever I could get access to internet and it is totally stunning. There must have been a huge amount of design work gone into this and the result is amazing. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Thanks Alwyn, coming from someone with your CAD skills that is praise indeed. I somehow managed to dilute both of my bottles of US green, I will order some more so that I can paint the grainy surfaces (they don't show up in the pics), neat Vallejo is nice and thick and will act as a surface filler.

I reckon I also need to get hold of some US WW2 1/18 scale crew to man it, as they will bring it to life, but they are as rare as hens teeth nowadays. I have a Bulldog TK22 and will either use that, or have it as a static model and install an Arduino board so that it just has an IR battle system. Time will tell.

I made a few adjustments to my printers along the way, and could get even higher quality parts out of them now. Interestingly I bought an expensive and much hyped hotend, an ED3 and tried that in my Smartrap, but it was worse than my 2 year old original one. I then bought a Chinese Sintron one for £15, and it prints really well, vertical surfaces that are glass smooth. Go figure?? lol.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

So I can dump/give away my gear boxes and tracks then mate ?

Nice SPG by the way, clever use of 'voodoo magic' and plain skills :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

@Herman - I decided to get new ones, but had to get them from AliExpress as there seems to be a drought of HL spares here, my guess is the exchange rate is affecting things. So, yes you can give yours away to a grateful Aussie, your offer was much appreciated. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Modern Builds”