HL Abraham's

NAB
Corporal

HL Abraham's

Post by NAB »

Hi

Starting a build thread for my Heng long Abraham's.

To be honest it's probably the last on my list but I'm sure I will get the interest to modify it soon.

Here are the pics fresh out the box with the HL decals.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: HL Abraham's

Post by tankme »

The Abrams is one of those tanks that can completely drive you nuts if you are trying to make it accurate since there is no accurate version of it on the market. Then there are all the running changes between M1, M1A1, M1A2 (SEP, SEPv2, SEPv3) and add on systems (TUSK, TUSK2, CROWS, CROWS2, and Trophy). Not to mention all the changes to crew gear, uniforms, and stowage over the years.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
NAB
Corporal

Post by NAB »

The box says M1A2. The thing I like the most at the moment is that Heng long hid the on/off switch under a rear hatch! Shame they've not done that on my other tanks.

It was the tank that got me into the hobby but tbh I wish the model shop had the Challenger 2 on the shelf instead of the Abrams when I made that fateful decision to buy a 1/16 tank lol

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

M1A2 Abrams has more variations than Challenger 2, and I think it's rewarding and interesting to modify and improve details. In particular, the Heng Long M1A2 is a copy of the appearance of the old TAMIYA 1/35 scale model as it is, so there are many parts that need to be improved and modified as a 1/16 scale model.
Battle7
Recruit

Post by Battle7 »

Hello, Here is my first paint on my First Tank.
Attachments
M1A2-Model#5.jpg
M1A2-Model#5.jpg (56.9 KiB) Viewed 1119 times

Return to “Modern Builds”