Henglong Abrams build

DasPanzer
Corporal

Henglong Abrams build

Post by DasPanzer »

Got the new tracks today and got them installed. I must say they are awesome!!!!! I had to remove two links but they actually go together just like the real thing!!! And they are double padded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Tanks

Henglong Tiger 1 Early Production
Henglong King Tiger in progress
Henglong Jagdpanther almost complete
Henglong Panzer 4 fresh out of box
Henglong Sherman almost complete
Taigen Tiger 1 Late Production custom build with ELMOD hopefully.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Re: Henglong Abrams build

Post by kintaroukinji »

It's a wonderful work. But let me point out just one thing. Since the Bustle rack's APU has been changed to VCSU, there is no need for an exhaust duct for the APU on the turret. The exhaust duct from the VCSU is under the turret.
DasPanzer
Corporal

Post by DasPanzer »

Can’t post any more photos until next month….. so here’s a video showing my progress

https://youtu.be/ExdnpdFKHDc

My Tanks

Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Man, I love that tank! I am curious if I might ask a few questions. For one, where did you find reference material for this build? I would like to add the serial numbers on mine. I am also wondering about the turret. Where it says, "this side off", can you explain how all of that works and what it is for? I know the peices are velcro on real tanks, but not sure if decals are the way to go to simulate the effect.
My Abrams arrive and it turns out it is a disaster. Every possible thing you can think of is either broke or missing or installed wrong. Very sad case for a tamiya tank, but I won't hi jack your thread with that. In any case, thank you for posting this, it s a true inspiration.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
DasPanzer
Corporal

Henglong Abrams build

Post by DasPanzer »

Thank you very much!!!!! I scoured the internet collecting as many pics as I could. I also work at a Army Depot and have access to M1A1 and A 2’s. Not to mention a ton of help from the guys here!!! As for the panels they are identification panels that can be seen with IR sights so no friendly fire. Man that sucks about the Tamiya Abrams but just start a thread and the guys here can help you! I got tons of help with my Tiger and T 34/85. As for the numbers I tried it with epoxy putty and thin wire but I didn’t like the outcome. So I just bought archers resin cast numbers and added them. As for the placement I used my photos from work to get them approximately where the go. DKLM has a ton of add on parts so I got the sep v2 version. Comes with everything you need. Are you in the U.S by chance?

My Tanks

Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

So on those panels, have you ever seen anything painted on there? A buddy of mine found Abrams decals and they have a skull and cross bones that goes on each side on those panels.
Must be awesome to be around the real thing man.
As for the tamiya, yea, it sucks. But, the I have placed an order with the AAf museum and hopefully they start shipping again on the 29th. Need a lot of parts to make it right.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
DasPanzer
Corporal

Post by DasPanzer »

I know some units have emblems on the panels. What version of the Abrams are you wanting to make?

My Tanks

Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

I had already ordered the SEP3 kit from Carson. So..that's the way it'll go I suppose.
I am going to give it a bit of my own artistic license with a few things, but that will be in the paintwork.
Where did you get the tow shackles??? And I think I want to try to find something that I can make rubber front fenders as well for this thing
DasPanzer
Corporal

Henglong Abrams build

Post by DasPanzer »

I used layered black electrical tape lol. I just cut off the stock ones and glued mine on lol

My Tanks

Yellowshaker
Corporal

Post by Yellowshaker »

Hahaha, so simple and effective.
`Are you leaving the Heng Long electronics in it?

Return to “Modern Builds”