Heng Long T72 Problems

dai phan
Private

Re: Heng Long T72 Problems

Post by dai phan »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:You wrote that, "Toucan will send me new upper and lower hull." This must mean that Toucan Hobby was willing to make compensation for the damage. Am I correct?
That is correct. So far I am very impressed with their post sale service. Dai
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

Just ordered from RC Tank Legion to correct the weak hull. Dai
Attachments
11672722.jpg
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Was in the process of making something similar on my ZTZ-99 last night until I broke my 4-36 tap.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

dai phan wrote:Just ordered from RC Tank Legion to correct the weak hull. Dai
I wonder if this will strenthen the idlers areas where they tend to crack and split. Dai
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

dai phan wrote:
I wonder if this will strenthen the idlers areas where they tend to crack and split. Dai
I'm pretty sure it's not enough. While driving, the tracks act on the tensioner with great force and try to pull it out. An aluminum frame in this place (at the beginning of the lower hull) is not enough. You should add in the hull proper length tube with internal thread and screwed to the tensioners of the hull ( after adding the tensioner wheels it will not be visible). This will cause the walls to be held (compressed) inward at this point, while the taut tracks will try to act in the opposite direction (outward).
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:
dai phan wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's not enough. While driving, the tracks act on the tensioner with great force and try to pull it out. An aluminum frame in this place (at the beginning of the lower hull) is not enough. You should add in the hull proper length tube with internal thread and screwed to the tensioners of the hull ( after adding the tensioner wheels it will not be visible). This will cause the walls to be held (compressed) inward at this point, while the taut tracks will try to act in the opposite direction (outward).
I ordered the brass as well as aluminum threaded tubes so I can reinforce the front areas of the T72/T90 hulls. This should prevent the cracks. Dai
Attachments
61OrdEusedL._SL1100_.jpg
61OrdEusedL._SL1100_.jpg (40.34 KiB) Viewed 1000 times

Return to “Modern Builds”