Help with T99A issues.

abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: Help with T99A issues.

Post by abramsky »

And one more thing. I remembered that once one of the engine wires did not connect properly (cold solder) and this engine worked as if it did not have enough power. Unlikely in both motors at the same time, but it is worth checking that the motor cables have a solid connection.
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

Hi all,

I worked on the tank until 3 am this morning. This is the update. I have a set of brand new 5.3 steel gear boxes and I replaced both of the boxes. While doing it, I saw a suspension arm not screwed down well enough that caused it to brush hard against the idler. So I remove the road wheel and tightened the hex screw ( very stripped) on the arm and place the road wheel back to the proper location. Maybe this caused friction not allowing the tank to move forward or spin. But I am glad I replaced the gear boxes because the 5.3 version seems to run smoother. Then the control got all messed up. After an hour of switching motor wires, rebind, wildly play around with the control sticks/buttons I ALMOST have it corrected. Now the forward is reverse meaning forward stick puts the tank in reverse ! Please tell me how to correct the problem. Thank YOU !!! Dai
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

This is a standard problem with the HL MFU 6.0 / 6.1 . Wires are reversed
You need to connect the wires as I shown in the first pictures in this link. It should work fine.
http://rctank.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... ead#unread

P.s. You wrote earlier that you checked the entire suspension and drive system, so I did not mention that you should check by hand turning the tracks if there is any noticeable resistance. Pulling the tracks with your hand, the drive should not put too much resistance.
One protruding bolt should cause the tank to turn constantly. There is not much possibility to go straight with such a failure. According to your description, the tank with the problem was driving forward, which contradicts that only this one screw was the problem. Rather, the rolling resistance of a part or the entire drive or chassis system or too low electrical efficiency (MFU or motors) could cause this.
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:This is a standard problem with the HL MFU 6.0 / 6.1 . Wires are reversed
You need to connect the wires as I shown in the first pictures in this link. It should work fine.
http://rctank.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... ead#unread

P.s. You wrote earlier that you checked the entire suspension and drive system, so I did not mention that you should check by hand turning the tracks if there is any noticeable resistance. Pulling the tracks with your hand, the drive should not put too much resistance.
I checked and one of the suspension arms was out place pushing really hard against the right idler. I remove the road wheel and put the suspension arm back to its normal place. I think the binding is what caused the tank not to move forward or making the turns. But I am glad I exchanged the 6.0 motors for the 5.3 because I thought the gears run smoother on the 5.3. I could not open up the link of the photo. Can you please post the photo here. The only problem the reverse of the motors. Thank you ! Dai
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:And one more thing. I remembered that once one of the engine wires did not connect properly (cold solder) and this engine worked as if it did not have enough power. Unlikely in both motors at the same time, but it is worth checking that the motor cables have a solid connection.
Yes and no problem noted. Lately I have so many problems with HL tanks that I start to shy away from them. Dai
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

If you consider that these are only slightly more expensive toys and sometimes need a little tweaking to work properly, everything will be OK.
I rebuilt the whole chassis and drive in my son's Hobby Engine M1 Abrams 1/16 scale, adding HL TK v6.1 so that many of the problems you write about did not meet me, because from the beginning of the conversion I added my improvements. The son's second tank is the HL Leopard 2a6 v6.0 with plastic gears and tracks and for a year we have not noticed any problems apart from tangled cables going to the turret (I have not had time to install 24 slip ring wires there) which sometimes causes the turret rotation to be blocked. Sometimes the cables provided by HL are very short, which can lead to their tearing out (e.g. those from the smoker)
If I can ask where you live that you cannot open the link I provided?
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

And here is the picture you asked for:
Attachments
HL TK 6.0_6.1_Wiring engines.png
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

dai phan wrote:I think the binding is what caused the tank not to move forward or making the turns...
Binding has nothing to do with. The remote control either works or not. The receiver "sees" the transmitter and everything works fine, or it "does not see" it and nothing works ... That's all.
I'm glad you managed to fix it.

Greetings from Poland :wave:
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:If you consider that these are only slightly more expensive toys and sometimes need a little tweaking to work properly, everything will be OK.
I rebuilt the whole chassis and drive in my son's Hobby Engine M1 Abrams 1/16 scale, adding HL TK v6.1 so that many of the problems you write about did not meet me, because from the beginning of the conversion I added my improvements. The son's second tank is the HL Leopard 2a6 v6.0 with plastic gears and tracks and for a year we have not noticed any problems apart from tangled cables going to the turret (I have not had time to install 24 slip ring wires there) which sometimes causes the turret rotation to be blocked. Sometimes the cables provided by HL are very short, which can lead to their tearing out (e.g. those from the smoker)
If I can ask where you live that you cannot open the link I provided?
I am at work so the work computer does not allow me to open up. Dai
dai phan
Private

Post by dai phan »

abramsky wrote:
dai phan wrote:I think the binding is what caused the tank not to move forward or making the turns...
Binding has nothing to do with. The remote control either works or not. The receiver "sees" the transmitter and everything works fine, or it "does not see" it and nothing works ... That's all.
I'm glad you managed to fix it.

Greetings from Poland :wave:
I meant binding is when the the suspension arm was out of socket and binds into the idler wheel. Dai

Return to “Modern Builds”